USMLE Forums banner

my step 1 exam within 18 days .. !! help please

6K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  USMLE prep 
#1 · (Edited)
my step 1 exam within 18 days ..
i have done the kaplan notes one time with kaplan videos then reviewed the note again then did the kaplan q bank then the Usmle world
then I'm reviewing the notes again right now and I'll finish reviewing 1 week b4 the exam (most of things ... except last 150 pages microbiology & Anatomy " which i reviewed them much earlier") to take the self assessment and the NMBE ..
then reviewing the lost micro and anatomy

i didn't :
1- 2 blocks left within UW
2- about 5-7 blocks i didn't review there answers
1- re answer the incorrect questions and the marked ones of UW
2- atlases of pathology and histology
3- i didn't 1st aid

as i have no time for any of them .. so if i need to do something I'll compromise my review for it

my Question ... : what not to do within the last list ? what to compromise ?

if any other suggestions please tell me

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi Betro,

You've come a long way my friend. We wish you all great success and you have been a nice member of our website.

Now, for the list you mentioned;

• Do the missing 2 blocks of UW, it will take you half a day for that.
  • Forget about First Aid at this point.
  • Keep reviewing Kaplan notes until the last 2-3 days.
  • Do NBME now, I repeat now. See your score. If you are OK then you don't need to worry about any other points you mentioned. See this thread for NBME score correlations http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-general-topics-forum/155-nbme-scores-prediction-correlation.html
  • Don't worry about not reading all explanations or not reviewing the incorrect answers, there's no problem with that at all.
Don't forget to post your exam experience once you do the exam ;)
See you soon in our Step 2 CK Forum :)

#3 ·
Hi Betro,

You've come a long way my friend. We wish you all great success and you have been a nice member of our website.

Now, for the list you mentioned;

• Do the missing 2 blocks of UW, it will take you half a day for that.
  • Forget about First Aid at this point.
  • Keep reviewing Kaplan notes until the last 2-3 days.
  • Do NBME now, I repeat now. See your score. If you are OK then you don't need to worry about any other points you mentioned.
  • Don't worry about not reading all explanations or not reviewing the incorrect answers, there's no problem with that at all.
Don't forget to post your exam experience once you do the exam ;)
i need to complete my review as i added a zillion hints and info's in the notes from the bankS b4 NMBE ... what do u think .. it will be misleading if i didn't review my added notes b4 NMBE .. right ??

#14 ·
What do you want Betro?
Every body gave you excellent advice and still you are not satisfied!

If you don't have time then you have to sacrifice what's left to be done

The last 2 weeks should be devoted for review and consolidation of what you already know, never put new info into your brain at this time

So leave FA, and the last two blocks of your UW
Do NBME, review your Kaplan, review the incorrect UW

by the way tell how you did in the exam when you take it :rolleyes:

#18 ·
RE: Betro's Questions

first thing try to be relax, you have done alot of things.
Review only kaplan notes, only the high lighted, circled and underlinned things off all the 7 books. It will also be best for you in this situation.
Be relax and confident!

One thing more. dont qiuz yourself now in these days by doing MCQs and renaing UW. only review the previous done things. Review kaplan lecture only!
Best of luck.

#19 ·
sorry for being away for a while :eek:

i have done NBME 10 b4 the exam and i got :

520/800 or
227/300
95 as 2 digit score

and i have also done a Usmle world self assessment on the same day and i got 236/300

my result is about to appear within days as it passed 3 weeks form my exam day

I'd like to thank all who supported me during these days

and please pray for my result to be good

#23 ·
i don't know why but bad things happened
i got 88 - 214

i don't know y

is that bad ?? for step 1
Cheer up and celebrate
An 88 score is not bad at all
More than 66% of US students who pass the exam score between 85 and 90. Which means while competing with them you have only 34% above you in addition to those 100 of students who failed.
You still have pretty good chances.
Don't let this down regulate your CK beat and continue your excellent efforts and you'll do great in CK and am sure your score will be higher.

Do not listen to all those fancy 99 stories, still these scores are not vastly frequent.

Having passed from the first attempt is another plus for you.

Wishing you all success my dear friend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.