USMLE Forums - View Single Post - Best USMLE Step 2 CS Books
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout

Steps History: Step 1 Only
Threads: 1
Default some material recommendations...

Material To Skip: Some material that you can easily skip are 1) Step 2 CS Clinical Skills Review, and 2) Jaypees. Both of them are a joke, especially Jaypees - nothing about that dvd is helpful. The Step 2 CS Clinical Skills Review is pretty useless, but if anything, it was funny. I will try to at least finish watching the new videos.

Material that May Be Skipped: The material that I think can be skipped are minicases/sample cases/differential diagnose lists. Most of this stuff is learnt when studying for other exams so I dont think it needs to be repeated for CS.

Main Material:
Practicing USMLE World and First Aid practice cases seem to be helpful and USMLE Step 2CS Core Cases explains a lot of solutions to specific scenarios (e.g., difficult questions, patient has difficulty laying down) that may occur on the exam.

Extra Material:
Two osces books (clinical skills for the osces, the unofficial guide to passing the osces) add a detail here and there that can be helpful, however they are not needed for the exam. The university of virginia physical exam modules (http://www.med-ed.virginia.edu/courses/pom1/videos/) provides many videos that can help you review physical examination techniques.
The above post was thanked by:
Startfrom0 (04-03-2015)