USMLE Forums banner

Inequality in CS Cases

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  val7 
#1 ·
My exam was very diverse, with lots of stuff from every single CC.

But I've had people told me they had 8 pains or something outrageous like 3 pediatric cases.

I wonder how the Usmle adjusts for this because pain is in no way equal to a neuro or a fatigue case.

I only had 3 pains myself, 1 neuro and 1 pediatric.

My best friend had 5 full neuro, 0 pediatrics, 2 pains.

I know they use statistics to equalize results, but still I think it's way easier to manage a knee pain rather than a syncope.

Way too much variation across tests.

#3 ·
My exam was very diverse, with lots of stuff from every single CC.

But I've had people told me they had 8 pains or something outrageous like 3 pediatric cases.

I wonder how the Usmle adjusts for this because pain is in no way equal to a neuro or a fatigue case.

I only had 3 pains myself, 1 neuro and 1 pediatric.

My best friend had 5 full neuro, 0 pediatrics, 2 pains.

I know they use statistics to equalize results, but still I think it's way easier to manage a knee pain rather than a syncope.

Way too much variation across tests.
You need to be able to handle any kind of case... I guess it is not easy for them to make the exams equal to each other, but what are you going to do? Complaining online won't help, that's for sure... Nothing about this exam is fair. I really hope you pass! Good luck

Reactions: drivenby
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.