USMLE Forums - View Single Post - USMLE from Bangladesh.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010
USMLE Forums Scout

Steps History: Not yet
Threads: 18
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeesan Send a message via Skype™ to Jeesan

Hi again,

Actually our 2nd prof classes have started after our 1st professional ended in September and we're referred to as 'new' 3rd year here (whereas our immediately senior batch is called 'old' 3rd year), but in terms of duration of study I'm at the end of my 2nd year as I started the MBBS from January 2009...so ya, I'm in 2nd year but can be termed 3rd year! Its due to the new curriculum cause now we finish our 1st prof after 1 and 1/2 years instead of 2 years like our seniors. I think you're from the 2008 session or, are you from 2009 session? Oh and I'm from Chittagong, studying at the Institute of Applied Health Sciences, University of Science & Technology Chittagong (USTC). Have you of heard of it?

Passing the USMLE....hmm, I don't know, that's exactly what I want to find out as well. I wish there was someone from our senior batches, be a graduate or a student who sat the Step 1, who could give us a perspective as to how we should prepare in our system's context. But as far as I've read online, I think its a fairly passable exam but requires a lot of effort, determination and careful & smart planning to pass and even more to get a decent score.

I am trying to start off with Patho, Pharma & Micro from now and I think I've a good amount of catching up with Physio & Biochem. What about you? Have you collected the books and stuff for preparation. And also I'm a little concerned about the whole application & verification process. I don't know when to apply and how the institution is going to deal with the verification process cause not too many people here sit the USMLE, especially while still a student. Have you given thoughts about these?

Would like to hear more about you and your plans...Take Care!
The above post was thanked by:
docfahim (08-02-2011)