USMLE Forums banner

USMLE step 1 group for Bangladeshi graduate

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  shuts17 
#1 ·
Hey,

I am from Bangladesh (DMC) and now here in USA. I passed USMLE step1 with 260/99 and USMLE step 2 CK few month ago with 257/99. Few of my junior friends created a small group for preparation for USMLE step 1 and I help them through SKYPE online every day for 2 hours.

We will soon start Physiology (from 4th January 9.30 NY) time and Anatomy (5th January 9.30 pm NY time). Please reserve your attendance (see contact below).

As I passed the step 1 (from Bangladesh) and 2 ( from USA), I know what are the real difficulty associated with BD graduates in particular and hence helping some of the step 1 examinees about recent question pattern, what questions are possible from each topics from Kaplan lecture notes, goljan notes etc. We are also solving the USMLE World Q bank integrated within each topics in kaplan syllabus.

Requirement to Join our group:
1. Only Bangladeshi Medical Graduate, now in USA are allowed to join. No exception. Period.
2. Dedicated to finish the step 1 syllabus within next 7-8 months or earlier

Plan:
1. Daily 2 hours (thanks to skype with screen sharing software) of integrative analytic discussion and Q and A session based on Kaplan, FA and Goljan lecture notes
2. Weekly Online usmle step 1 style exam on the materials that we recently covered.
3. Subject exam at the end of each book.
Exam taking tips and strategy within each topics during discussion.

Discussion Schedule start:

Physiology (from 4th January 9.30 NY) time and Anatomy (5th January 9.30 pm NY time)

Only BD graduates please.

Email : usmle.bdgrads@gmail.com
skype ID : salimk56
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002325637715
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/USMLE4BDgraduates?feature=mhee
Phone: 8122026454

Thanks

PS: Off course it is FREE to join in our group and FREE to leave . Only if you need long term assistance then there is a membership issue. Other wise, be my guest!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey,

I am from Bangladesh (DMC) and now here in USA. I passed USMLE step1 with 260/99 and USMLE step 2 CK few month ago with 257/99. Few of my junior friends created a small group for preparation for USMLE step 1 and I help them through SKYPE online every day for 2 hours.
Its so nice to know my brothers going ahead.

I am a final year student of CMC. My session is 2007-08. I want to be a doctor in USA, and specially in neuro or plastic.(i like them both) I heard its difficult to go into surgery being an IMG. So if i want to be there, can u give an idea what to do. And is it possible to do electives while i am an internee. I can pass the TOEFL, but i dont wish to give step1 that time. So if i do, which institutions will be better for me.

U might be very busy ... thnx for u'r time.:)

#3 ·
Hello, I am also from BD. am planning to appear in the exam at september this year. so far as I know, You need not give TOFEL or any other exams except the USMLE steps if you want to go to clinical sides. TOFEL is needed if you want to study in basic subjects. yap you can do electives in USA , but you have pay very good amount for this. if you r ready to pay then contact with those agency who manages this. thank you.

#6 ·
need help from bangladeshi

hi i m an mbbs from mmc bangladesh.i m willing to take part in usmle.but frankly speaking i dont have clear idea about usmle apart from the steps only .is there anyone here from bangladesh with whom i can discuss or to whom i can ask some question about usmle and guide me.plz help

#7 ·
Hi I am fifth year student from Holy family Red Crescent Medical College.I have been thinking whether or not I should do my internship here.I realize I would get a lot of clinical experience from it but then again I will be starting my Usmle prep one year later which can put me in the old-grad IMG list.
Also note that I will require a H1B visa as I dont hold a PR and hence will have to give step 3 and also do externships in US.So its a pretty long time for me anyway.
Any suggestions will be much appreciated. :)

#10 ·
Yes, I am from Bangladesh..Very Successful

I am happy to help my brothers and sisters from back home...I was in your boat as well and am happy to help you out with adjustment to the USA system. Please note that I found greatTOP-level guidance (special IMG-only) -coaching- for the U.S.M.L.E. through online services while I was still in Bangladesh. E mail me directly for help at enycity at gmail dot com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.