USMLE Forums banner

Hands-On Clinical Electives and Clerkships in New York City and several East Coast Locations

37K views 83 replies 40 participants last post by  MedClerkships 
#1 ·
Attention 2014 Residency Applicants and International Medical Students & Graduates:

MedClerkships.com would like to announce clerkship, externship, and medical school clinical elective availability in New York City and several locations on the East Coast. Start dates are available in April, May, and June 2013. These rotations provide an opportunity to secure Letters of Recommendation (LORs), hospital based inpatient US Clinical Experience (USCE), and CV/Resume references. Maximize your networking in SOAP by taking advantage of great opportunities to gain LORs now in many available specialties. Strengthen your next application by not allowing gaps in your clinical experience and building your personal connections. All LORs are guaranteed to be written personally by our board certified preceptors and on hospital letterhead

Multiple specialties are available now. Apply today at http://www.medclerkships.com/apply

Substantial discounts are available for multiple rotation premium packages. Discounts available if you already have your own: malpractice insurance, certifications in HIPAA/OSHA/Blood Borne/ACLS/BLS, visa. **Visa invitation letters available upon request.**

Improve your history taking and physical examination skills. Learn how to work with multiple electronic medical records (EMR) systems as a majority of hospital systems have gone to the cloud. Master the art of clinical documentation. Hands on clinical work with patients to improve your English proficiency and communication skills. Learn groundbreaking new treatments and the latest in medicine during teaching rounds, bedside rounds, and hospital lectures. These are skills that program directors admire from applicants to demonstrate evidence of clinical competency. Enroll in our residency consultation services for an even greater opportunity to interact with former IMGs and AMGs currently in residency training to get a one-on-one analysis of your residency application.

We are also very excited to announce new affiliations with hospitals in Atlanta, GA. Take advantage of our new discount package rates and payment plans available now. Ask about our new bonus board review materials and tailored study packages for our premium packages.

***Inquire about our new Student Diplomat Program - We recruit suitable applicants to expand our network of clients and physicians for a commission fee or discounted rotations. Join our growing team!***

Please note: ***USMLE Step 1 not required to begin rotations/clerkships/observerships***

To request more information, please contact us admin@medclerkships.com follow us on twitter @MedClerkships, or visit our FAQ: http://www.medclerkships.com/faq

Apply today at http://www.medclerkships.com/apply

See less See more
#30 ·
We are now offering a complementary residency consultation for all students who did not match. Contact us today for more information and we will connect you with one of our physician consultants to advise on all the ways you can improve on your application for next year.

#33 ·
@jyotsna1984 our DC programs require a full document review at least 4 weeks in advance of any proposed start date (dates cannot be confirmed until the full review has been completed)

we have openings in both our outpatient-based program and our inpatient/outpatient mix program (with over 50% inpatient experience)

Specialties like IM require an outpatient clinical component under our curriculum

Please reply to the email to admin@medclerkships.com to further discuss details

#35 ·
@tamta you can see first-hand testimonials from former students in our IM and FM Brooklyn programs on our testimonials page - www.medclerkships.com/testimonials

I would also be happy to put you in contact with some of our current and former students, if you would like even more information about our programs from a fellow IMG's perspective - please email us at admin@medclerkships.com to set up a call

#37 ·
@dralee

We currently do not offer any OB/GYN programs in NYC. However, we have excellent hands-on OB/GYN programs offering both inpatient and outpatient experience in Chicago, IL and Atlanta, GA. Please send an email to admin@medclerkships.com for more information and our availability, if interested.

#39 ·
I have personal experience with medclerkships programs in both Atlanta, GA and Brooklyn, NY - I can assure you nothing is fake about this company unless I rotated through phantom locations

Our rotation schedule was based on the preceptor and the amount of patients per day.. Some students that showed proficiency, like myself, were also allowed extra time and nightly calls at the hospital (NYC IM program in particular)

I can't speak about the office location, since I never saw need to, but I did meet with several of their staff in the clinic that were taking testimonials from current students in the rotation - I personally had no issues and found them to be forthright and professional

Did you actually rotate with them, Dr. Mike?

#44 ·
Hi Aminsbt - yes we offer hands-on clinical clerkships for students and hands-on clinical externships for IMGs. We have excellent hands-on IM programs available in Chicago, IL, Brooklyn, NY, Atlanta, GA, and Scottsdale, AZ. Would be happy to help!

#46 ·
Hi Harvey - We have great IM and IM subspecialty rotations (namely Cardiology, Gastro, Hematology, Oncology, and Infectious Disease) available in both NYC and Chicago.

The programs in NYC are affiliated with teaching hospitals that have IM residency programs. The programs in Chicago are more geared towards current medical students and are affiliated with a FM residency.

#48 ·
Hi Ali - We actually may be adding new programs in the Houston, TX area in the coming months. For now, we offer excellent programs in New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, Washington DC, Edison, NJ, and Scottsdale, AZ. I would be happy to expand on any program options you might be interested in.

#50 ·
Hi Paradise4 - our discount packages begin with all programs 12 weeks and longer. Without knowing your qualifications, desired specialties, and locations it would be difficult to provide you with an estimate on a package. Please message me your email address and I will send more information or you can contact our senior coordinator at admin@medclerkships.com to provide you with a custom package quote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.