USMLE Forums banner

The TAUS Method of USMLE Preparation Plan and Schedule - PDF Download

73K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  ermd2b 
#1 ·
The Taus method has received excellent feedback from medical students throughout the last two years specially.

Most of the students who followed the Tuas Method as a preparation plan has scored excellent scores.

So here I share with you the TAUS METHOD in a PDF format for you to download and enjoy :)

Attachments

#5 ·
The Taus method has received excellent feedback from medical students throughout the last two years specially.

Most of the students who followed the Tuas Method as a preparation plan has scored excellent scores.

So here I share with you the TAUS METHOD in a PDF format for you to download and enjoy :)
Thank you very much. Just one question. Do you think that plan could work for an IMG.

#10 ·
Great document! Puts a lot of things into perspective! Thanks again donofitaly! What i am really looking for is a study schedule that i could follow and commit myself to that fits 6 hours of study/day for 6/7 months. I was looking for the adaptation of the Taus method to that timeline and hours of study. Does anyone have that and was it successful. I see that the Taus method is primarily for American graduates have any of you IMG's tried it and was it successful?

#13 ·
everyone keeps talking about how gr8 the goljan lectures are.are they even better than the kaplan lectures??are they even better than the dr najeeb lectures???:notsure:
They're different. The Goljan audio lectures are an adjunct rather than a primary learning source. We learn Pathology in school or by reading a textbook, and the Goljan audio lectures help tie it together in your mind. When you hear him talk about something you aren't sure about, you look it up (probably in Dr Goljan's Rapid Review of Pathology)!

The Kaplan lectures are a very detailed review of particular subjects that seem to be aimed at the student who might have had these subjects in class, but whose memory is pretty hazy. If you are using them for primary learning, you need to be using notes and questions and self-tests along with them. On their own, they are good for getting the finer points and most up-to-date information on subjects you already know pretty well.

Dr Najeeb's lectures also explain subjects in detail, as you can see from the samples on his youtube channel, and basically cover the physiological underpinnings of everything you need to understand before you can really understand Pathology or Pharmacology (although he weaves some Path in as he goes and has a Pharm block of lectures). These lectures are good for students who might have had this material once but didn't really understand it the first time or are having trouble absorbing Pathology because they have never really understood the ins and outs of basic Physiology.

It really depends on who you are, how well you understood your classes the first time around, how much time you have, etc. If I were starting out fresh and had time, a good internet connection, and a decent allowance, I would use all three of these resources. I'd start with Dr. Najeeb's lectures - this is like getting all of what is MS1 in an American medical school from a really good teacher. After watching and taking notes on all of those, I would read a Microbiology text and a Pathology text. During this same period, I'd listen to Goljan's audio lectures. Then I'd do Kaplan, making sure that there were no holes in my body of knowledge. Last I would spend doing Qbanks, taking notes in First Aid on the questions I got wrong.

So, obviously, not all of us have the time, or money, or dedication, or internet connectivity, or whatever, to follow such a perfect schedule. In that case, we have to tailor our plan to the resources and time available to us and to the level of knowledge that we are starting out with.

Hope this helps!

#17 ·
FA enough for anatomy??

According to the TAUS schedule, we're just supposed to use FA for anatomy. I have FA 2011 and it just has around 5 pages of gross anatomy (upper and lower limb nerve supply etc). Seriously, is that enough?? And histology is spread throughout the book in different sections, but isn't too detailed. Is that enough too??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.