USMLE Forums banner

Pathoma videos with Pathoma book or FA ?

7K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  study_med 
#1 ·
Hello , i'm now starting Pathology first read and i will study it from pathoma videos , i want to ask about whether it's better to read from pathoma with videos or directly from FA without pathoma book ? Also , there are fluid electrolyte balance , nutritional and environmental diseases , these chapters aren't found in pathoma . are there chapters high yield ? i want to ask people especially who answered UW ,thanks in advance :):)

#2 ·
I have done Pathoma and am a big fan of it.. My advice to you would be to do the VIDEOS WITH THE PATHOMA BOOK..

Dr. Sattar explains really well and he follows the book so it would be easy for you to keep track of it.. plus there are very good pictures in it which he explains as well..

So go for the videos and the book.. it will take some time, but will get your concepts right.. then when ur done with the concepts, you can memorize FA, and that should be more than enough!

#5 ·
Depends on what you want!! and of your time too.
i chose to go with FA + Pathoma, so listened to the lectures and wrote everything new into FA, of course it takes time and space and also your hand hurts a little lol :)), i have my FA in a 3 inch binder and filled it with all my pathoma notes because i chose to only have 1 huge book instead of two.
i now have there my uworld notes, so right now is a very large binder. i would say for every other page i have one additional white sheet with lots of info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.