USMLE Forums banner

USMLE Books in New Delhi

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  harman156 
#1 ·
Hi guys I am a medical graduate from India studying for step1. Can anyone kindly suggest where I can buy USMLE first aid and goljan rapid review books in Delhi.
thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Sir..
Since u r Indians & offcourse my seniors so I would like to ask some of my doubts to u...

I m Mbbs student pre final in India.. I want to give usmle but my basics are not clear about this exam.. plz ans me

1. Is this a PG exam like AIPREPG or a eligiblility exam to practice in US. Do they teach me a PG like here in India or just give me a job over in,US?

2. I have very mild red green color blindness. Since it has not effected me till so I never cared about it. I learned tht I will be ineligible for AIPREPG due to this. So I thought why not prepare for USMLE bcoz I learned tht they do not test for color blindness.
Is this true?
If not then I guess I have no scope what so ever in medicine & I may have to leave my dream of PG:eek::what::screwy::what::(:what::what:

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

#5 ·
Answers

1. As name says USMLE (united states medical liciencing exam). Basically its a licencing exam like- if an indian students do there bachelor's from other country (like i did:))) they have to give medical council of india (MCI) exam. So its just like that exam just too much complex ;) and yes, MCI exam is only for student who did bachelor's from foreign university but USMLE is for ever single person either he or she is student of American university, foreign university or foreign national.
As i heard from my friends who are doing PG in delhi. It seems once you get residency in US it will be same as our PG here (more clinical rotations then classes stuff (meanwhile the moment you graduate you say bye bye to formal boring classes).
2. About your color blindness. I never heard about any physical testing in USMLE or PG (except those TB, HIV and ID) but you can get this details from some one who have completed all steps and doing residency in US.
Personally i don't think there will be much difference as its a mild condition and you are not pilot ;).
Hope i answered your questions properly. So bro start studying for USMLE from now because this point of time. I am just thinking 1 thing. I should have studied before properly to escape this suffering.:p

Reactions: Ajay1919
#6 ·
book depots

Its hard to get updated original copies of Kaplan LTN (but its india you can get photocopied one with dvds from book stores in nai sarak (New road- don't seems like a new one but may be most newest of all other old delhi streets :D)
FA and goljians latest editions are also available (original).
I bought all stuff from Sagar book depot (not an agent of that guy just an recommendation)
Delhi book depot also got these books. for both places address. call +918888888888.

#11 ·
Its hard to get updated original copies of Kaplan LTN (but its india you can get photocopied one with dvds from book stores in nai sarak (New road- don't seems like a new one but may be most newest of all other old delhi streets :D)
FA and goljians latest editions are also available (original).
I bought all stuff from Sagar book depot (not an agent of that guy just an recommendation)
Delhi book depot also got these books. for both places address. call +918888888888.
thanks a lot :)

#8 ·
Yes

ya its equivalent to PG. I think after residency it will have more weight-age then PG (as its from amrica ;))
ya sharpen your pre-clinical subjects as nail the exam before graduation. It will help you in further steps. As USMLE exams have time consuming procedure.
Indian PG exam- good exam but mostly theoretical stuff tested and ST, SC, OBC quotas (no offence to anyone) and lot of competition is general class. (i still remember i gave PMT exam of CMC vellore for just 2 seats haha)

US exam: its complex but proper studying make it achievable, more towards clinical applications, lot of competition but personally think better then quota system.
So do some information gathering about USMLE exam (from ecfmg.org and forum like this) and start studying. Best of luck.

#14 ·
We deal with all usmle books and videos available in India.

We have the following books.
Kaplan Lecture Notes step 1 and step 2 CK
USMLE World step 1 and step 2 CK
Kaplan Q Bank step 1 and step 2
First aid
Goljan Pathology
Master the boards step 2 and step 3.
And we have many other books also.

We have videos of
Kaplan step 1 and step 1
Dr Najeeb's videos
Pathoma
Doctors in training
Falcon
And we have many other videos also.

Currently we give cash on delivery option to our customers who are in Faridabad, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad & Noida, Pune, Surat, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata & Chennai.

#16 ·
We deal with all usmle books and videos available in India.

We have the following books.
Kaplan Lecture Notes step 1 and step 2 CK
USMLE World step 1 and step 2 CK
Kaplan Q Bank step 1 and step 2
First aid
Goljan Pathology
Master the boards step 2 and step 3.
And we have many other books also.

We have videos of
Kaplan step 1 and step 1
Dr Najeeb's videos
Pathoma
Doctors in training
Falcon
And we have many other videos also.

Currently we give cash on delivery option to our customers who are in Faridabad, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad & Noida, Pune, Surat, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata & Chennai.

hi..
i am Yamini ajmera.. may i know your contact no. i want to get kaplan step1 2016 notes..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.