USMLE Forums - View Single Post - AbeWorld Step 2 CK Prep Plan
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011
USMLE Forums Scout

Steps History: 1 + CS
Threads: 9
Arrow AbeWorld Step 2 CK Prep Plan

Here's what I am planning to do for the USMLE Step 2 CK Preparation.

I will listen to Kaplan lectures and take notes in MTB 2. I understand that I might have to add a lot to MTB, but writing down stuff helps me remember better AND in the end I will have only one book (MTB) to come back to for revision. If a topic needs further exploration, I will look into Kaplan lecture notes. I have been told that Pediatrics, ObGyn and Surgery are lacking in MTB - so I will take notes in a separate notebook for that (like I said: writing helps me a lot). And for Epidemio/Ethics I will use KLN Step 1 book and 100 cases by Conrad Fischer, as suggested. I will also do Kaplan QBook questions after each topic.

I plan to take 6 weeks for this.

This will be followed by Kaplan QBank for 15 days and then USMLEWorld for 6-7 weeks (For Step 1 it took me 6-7 weeks for finishing the 2000+ questions and a review of all wrong answers, so I am guessing it should be the same here). I will keep going back to MTB for any question I get wrong. Also one or two NBME tests over the weekends 4 and 2 weeks before the exam date.

So, that makes a total of 4 (and a half) months with 15 days margin for unprecedented delays, further revision of weak areas, etc. making it a total of 18-20 weeks (5 months) preparation.
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (07-25-2011), cryptococcus (10-01-2013), fat1iscool (02-05-2013), romana (05-06-2014), sk_gemini (08-06-2016), vivian (03-02-2017)