USMLE Forums banner

What do you think is the best CS Exam Center?

• Philadelphia

Votes: 30 11.4%
  • Chicago

Votes: 64 24.2%
  • Los Angeles

Votes: 66 25.0%
  • Houston

Votes: 77 29.2%
  • Atlanta

Votes: 33 12.5%

Members perception of the Best CS exam center?

Tags
cs-centers
77K views 43 replies 28 participants last post by  earaj27 
#1 ·
OK let's start a thread and poll to see which CS exam center has the best passing rate nowadays!

I plan to take the CS but I don't care any center so please help me choose the best :)

#38 ·
It's not perception

The SPs are humans. In Huston and Chicago the faced many IMGs and they compare them to other IMGs. They adapt the accents and behaviors. But in Philly with no many IMGs they do not have experience with many accents and you would be compared with AMGs.
Many Japanese friends prefer to take the exam in LA because of this reason
( SPs are familiar with their accents because of high percentage of Japanese examinees).

Despite that I know many IMGs who passed in Philly and Many who failed in Chicago.

#42 ·
Philly isn't a good coice for iMGs

I know a friend, who doesn't have an accent even though she's not a US national and has a 109 on TOEFL but failed the exam in the CIS portion at Philladelphia despite passing the mock exam with flying colours. She was shocked since she felt she was just initially nervous and messed up with the first 2 patients. But she does remember that there were only 2 other IMGs at her centre. 3 out of 24 IMGs is definitely a poor ratio and so. . .I'm taking the exam in Chicago.
I have a friend who stuggles with grammar and gave his exam in Houston. Passed in first attempt.

good luck to all.:)

#43 ·
I am an IMG from India but I lived in USA before for 5 years. I took the exam in Philadelphia. The exam center, the SPs and the staff were very nice and I thought the exam was easy. I got high performance in all three categories.

I do not think that exam center really matters for CS. Maybe for those with difficult accents, Houston maybe better because those SPs are used to hearing people with different accents. But otherwise, it doesn't matter.

I trust the USMLE as a standardized exam and you should take the exam where it is convenient for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.