USMLE Forums banner

Hands-On Clinical Electives and Clerkships in New York City and several East Coast Locations

37K views 83 replies 40 participants last post by  MedClerkships 
#1 ·
Attention 2014 Residency Applicants and International Medical Students & Graduates:

MedClerkships.com would like to announce clerkship, externship, and medical school clinical elective availability in New York City and several locations on the East Coast. Start dates are available in April, May, and June 2013. These rotations provide an opportunity to secure Letters of Recommendation (LORs), hospital based inpatient US Clinical Experience (USCE), and CV/Resume references. Maximize your networking in SOAP by taking advantage of great opportunities to gain LORs now in many available specialties. Strengthen your next application by not allowing gaps in your clinical experience and building your personal connections. All LORs are guaranteed to be written personally by our board certified preceptors and on hospital letterhead

Multiple specialties are available now. Apply today at http://www.medclerkships.com/apply

Substantial discounts are available for multiple rotation premium packages. Discounts available if you already have your own: malpractice insurance, certifications in HIPAA/OSHA/Blood Borne/ACLS/BLS, visa. **Visa invitation letters available upon request.**

Improve your history taking and physical examination skills. Learn how to work with multiple electronic medical records (EMR) systems as a majority of hospital systems have gone to the cloud. Master the art of clinical documentation. Hands on clinical work with patients to improve your English proficiency and communication skills. Learn groundbreaking new treatments and the latest in medicine during teaching rounds, bedside rounds, and hospital lectures. These are skills that program directors admire from applicants to demonstrate evidence of clinical competency. Enroll in our residency consultation services for an even greater opportunity to interact with former IMGs and AMGs currently in residency training to get a one-on-one analysis of your residency application.

We are also very excited to announce new affiliations with hospitals in Atlanta, GA. Take advantage of our new discount package rates and payment plans available now. Ask about our new bonus board review materials and tailored study packages for our premium packages.

***Inquire about our new Student Diplomat Program - We recruit suitable applicants to expand our network of clients and physicians for a commission fee or discounted rotations. Join our growing team!***

Please note: ***USMLE Step 1 not required to begin rotations/clerkships/observerships***

To request more information, please contact us admin@medclerkships.com follow us on twitter @MedClerkships, or visit our FAQ: http://www.medclerkships.com/faq

Apply today at http://www.medclerkships.com/apply

See less See more
#57 ·
Hi Fiestar,

We offer a large selection of programs that do not require USMLE scores. Would be happy to reach out and discuss upcoming options with you. Send me a PM with your contact info or shoot our coordinating team an email at admin@medclerkships.com

Looking forward to assisting you!

#66 ·
Hello! I am img graduated, my step 1 score was 232, I am interested in Internal medicine. I am now looking for an externship program, I found chicago clerkships, FMG, American clerks... but I don't know which one should I considered, wondering if someone could help me sharing experiences.

#67 ·
very helpful

have answered very same question. I have complete rotations with medclerkships, and was very happy. I had a preceptor who was very clear and understanding. I even spoke with a doctor before any payment, which was a great help! It was a strong assistance to my CV. I have plan to continue enroll in more hands on rotations.

#69 ·
Hello dreamcatcher

Unfortunately we do not offer any programs in the San Francisco Bay Area. Hands-on Externship programs are also not legal in the state of California. Our closest program would be Phoenix, Az.
Please email us at admin@medclerkships.com for further locations and information.

#71 ·
New Low Rate in NYC

SPECIAL GRANT OFFER in NYC
$1800 low rate tuition for 4-week special NYC programs in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, Psychiatry, Cardiology, and Pediatrics. Includes predominantly ambulatory center hands-on experience in a new large facility in Brooklyn, NY. a Major University Program. All preceptors are clinical faculty of area teaching hospitals. Each specialty has the potential to earn hospital letterhead performance-based LORs. Research opportunities for publication and special research programs available on a limited basis. Only select few students will qualify. Ask about these and our even lower rate bundle options TODAY!

#73 ·
I am currently in Columbus, GA. I am looking for hands on experience in teaching hospital in Atlanta. I wonder if you have that available in October?
Hi kb83 - We have various hands on programs located in teaching hospital in Atlanta, GA. We highly recommend you submit an application for upcoming availability, spots are filling soon.
Please fill out a free online application at www.medclerkships.com/apply

#74 ·
NEW FM residency slot position open NOW at University of New Mexico

NEW FM Residency Position Available!
PGY-2 opening at the University of New Mexico. Must have completed a PGY-1 position.
Email: Akolahi@salud.unm.edu
This will go FAST, APPLY NOW!

#75 ·
Transitional Year Residency Program - Ocala Regional Medical Center

New Transitional Year Residency Program, based at Ocala Regional Medical Center in Ocala, FL has received initial accreditation and is seeking immediate applicants.

Email: melissa.lamb@hcahealthcare.com
Phone: 352-401-8323

#76 ·
New Emergency Medicine Residency

Brandon Regional Hospital in Brandon, FL will start a new Emergency Medicine Residency program in July 2018. They have had their ACGME visit are are expecting the accreditation letter in April. They will have 15 PGY-1 positions. However, they can't accept TY, prior PGY on other programs or anyone with prior residency training. They are currently looking for Unmatched MS-IV that applied to EM. If you are interested please send your CV, ERAS file, USMLE and SLOE to:

Email: SVILLANUEVABRHEM@gmail.com

#78 ·
New Emergency Medicine Residency Open NOW

St. Joseph's Medical Center in Stockton, California has just received accreditation for its Emergency Medicine Residency Program, They are hoping to fill the 9 resident positions this July, 2018. They will be reviewing applications and conducting WebEx and in person interviews over the next few weeks. They are located just about an hour south of Sacramento.
Interested individuals can contact the following:

Email: jennifer.oakes@dignityhealth.org
Email: lacy.quijalvo@dignityhealth.org

#79 ·
New Emergency Medicine Residency Open NOW

Oak Hill Hospital in Brooksville, Florida (north of Tampa) has been approved for a new Emergency Medicine Residency program. Oak Hill Hospital is affiliated with University of South Florida. They are hoping to fill the 6 resident positions in June 2018.
Applications are now being accepted through ERAS.

#81 ·
Hello,
I would like to do 3 months of IM rotations in NYC,

what are the possibilities for me as an IMG with step 1 and CS cleared?
What are the requirements and the packages?
Preferred period Jan till end March 2019
Hello Ghani Ravi. We are delighted that you are interested in MedClerkships. There are various discounts when enrolling in our 3 month package. MedClerkships has various ACGME accredited IM programs available in NYC. Please send an email to our Coordinating Team at admin@medclerkships.com. We highly recommend you submit an application for upcoming availability.
Please fill out a free online application at www.medclerkships.com/apply

#82 ·
Medclerkships is proud to announce
A New ALL Inpatient Based Teaching Hospital Program
St. Cloud, Minnesota

Work with TWO IM Hospitalist Preceptors
TWO Performance Based LOR Opportunities in JUST 4 WEEKS!!!

Limited spots available - Reserve your seat and sign up today!!!

https://medclerkships.com/apply/

#83 ·
Hello,
I am ECFMG certified and preparing for Step 3 currently. I have 4 years of US clinical experience but would like to do a rotation at a university based clinical rotation. I would be really happy to do the rotation in MN. Can you please let me know the cost of it?
Thanks

#84 ·
Hi @Cardiology -- this program has limited seats available and is offered at $2500 per 4 week period. We can also offer a discount 12 week package rate with multiple preceptors for $7000 at this location. If interested, I would highly advise you to submit a FREE online application via medclerkships.com/apply to receive more information, speak with one of our consultant physicians, and be placed on our waitlist to ensure availability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.