What to do if you scored low in step 1 and step 2?
Let's face it, this for sure a difficult situation and chances are grim of getting matched.
But there are things that can be done to improve the chances:
- Do observership or externship in place where there's a chance that they'll take you
- Research and peer reviewed publications will help a lot
- Adding step 3 with high score will certainly rectify your status and boost your ERAS
- Find "low-profile" programs that can accept low scores
- Tell your network of friends and doctors to find for you a suitable PD or PC to talk to and to communicate with
- Doing some fellowship before residency will certainly lend you a residency post thereafter