USMLE Forums - View Single Post - High yield Gross Anatomy
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout

Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Threads: 0

I don't think I've ever seen a consensus opinion regarding anatomy on step 1. I can tell you that on my exam the anatomy was not bad at all, though there were some tricky questions that thankfully involved head and neck anatomy which is exactly the field I'm going in to now.

What I generally tell students is this:

Take an NBME online and get the extended feedback.
If your anatomy/embryology score is really low AND everything else is higher, then I would recommend some dedicated anatomy study. In that case, High Yield Anatomy or BRS Gross Anatomy are excellent books.

If your anatomy/embryology score is really low AND everything else is low too, then I would probably focus on bringing the others up first. Anatomy is a small percentage of material relative to the other subjects; being below borderline in pathology or physiology is going to hurt your score a lot more than anatomy.

If your anatomy/embryo score is good and everything else is good too, then it's really up to you. It's relatively low yield compared to other topics, but if you're trying to score 250+ then you'll need to get all the points you can.