USMLE Forums banner

Post experience/scores summer takers

3K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  david0184 
#1 ·
Hi guys! I didn't find any recent threads of step 1 scores for those who have been anxiously waiting. The changes to the exam started may 8. I wanted to start this thread the for all step 1 takers who have already written or will write soon..but mainly the ones who are waiting on scores. Anyone expecting theirs Wednesday the 12th? Pls share ur experiences/advice and scores. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE !!

I have been freaking out for the past 2 weeks! Countdown is on...

My experience: my biggest problem was timing I found that every block at the end I was running out of time. I had to rush and read some qs while randomly choosing c for some. Overall the exam is doable. A few ck management qs. I didnt get any urinary incontinence qs like many have stated. Some of the concepts I was solid on confused the **** out of me. They had very vague clinical scenarios so that made me overthink a lot. I counted 40× for sure and a possible 10 more that I am unsure about. I only remember about 140 qs overall. The mistakes I made were very stupid and I cannot even begin to wonder all the hard qs I got wrong or forgot about.

What I felt u could have done differently? Gone through first aid all over again! Many many qs came straight from first aid!!!

Nbme range: 1st: 192- last :220

See less See more
#2 ·
My horrible horror so far

I also took the exam after the changes and believe me it was hellish.

I could not sleep the day before the exam , I literally did not sleep went to the exam directly. I was confident as I had good score is NBME and UWSA 1

My NBME 13 was 254 and UWSA 1 was 254

The first two blocks were total chaos... I literally did not understand from where they gave those questions I was perfect in FA and KAPLAN LNs, Gross anatomy and pathophysiology were literally killers. Pharma , biochem, Micro were easy peasy, I was very good at Biostats so I had no probs but the questions were twisted so much that they seem totally new. . .but they were doable.Immuno was kind of okay and path was kind of okay. I iliterally felt like incinerating that kaplan LN for gross anatomy cause it was completely useless in the exam.

The other blocks i.e 3,4 were okayish and block 5,6,7 were easier but not cakewalk.I was nauseated, sleepless yet alert and kind of off balance during the exam that made me lose a few questions however I am thinking that I will pass , But Only god knows how I will score.

To add insult to the injury, I wrote the exam on june 30th technically my result was supposed to come out on july 22nd but it got delayed because my med school didnt send back my student status verification form. Now I sent it back and it has been 10 days since I sent it still no score.

Well that's my experience . . .I just hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel

All the best to those who are attempting step 1 just study gross anatomy especially reproductive and abdominal gross from another standard textbook. You should know it like clockwork.

P.S. Time management is also key, the questions were longer and harder than uworld. . .I am not kidding I literally finished all my blocks with a few seconds remaining . . I dont usually mark questions as I only do a single pass. . .but boy was that so hard

#3 ·
I also took the exam after the changes and believe me it was hellish.

I could not sleep the day before the exam , I literally did not sleep went to the exam directly. I was confident as I had good score is NBME and UWSA 1

My NBME 13 was 254 and UWSA 1 was 254

The first two blocks were total chaos... I literally did not understand from where they gave those questions I was perfect in FA and KAPLAN LNs, Gross anatomy and pathophysiology were literally killers. Pharma , biochem, Micro were easy ........
Hey with such high nbmes I'm sure you will kill it.
Sucks that you had no sleep and took the exam that way BUT I'm sure you did well! I can't even imagine what you are going through waiting for scores! These2 weeks have been hell! Hopefully we both get it on Wednesday! Good luck !!!

#4 ·
I would have been confident if I weren't sleep deprived. . I usually dont make silly mistakes, But based on the mistakes I made in the exam which were simply stupid. . .I dont think it will end up well . . .Only god can help me I guess

All the best to you man

#14 ·
t-1 day for scores

one more day for scores!!!!! good luck to all!

Anatomy on my exam was straight forward. Many Xrays showing fractures and asking for nerve involved.
I didnt study anatomy too much so I went in with very minimal and only HY knowledge from first aid & DIT.
I didn't have many anatomy qs on my exam overall like some of the others on here!
Will give my 2 cents & advice once I get my score.

#25 ·
scared - 1 week left

Hi guys. I've been lurking on this thread for a while now. It is encouraging to see you guys have hope. At the same time, whenever I read about your test experiences, I start to freak out because everyone says the real exam is so much harder than even UWorld and that makes me afraid because I find UWorld really hard to begin with. I have about a week left before my real exam and I'm so scared and not sure how to approach the remaining time. My nbmes are very similar to jeghers. Please advise. I hope you passed jeghers. All I want is to pass and I'd be really happy for any score above 200. :plz::plz::plz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.