USMLE Forums banner

Real step 1 questions experiences from real step 1 takers

8K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  usmle taker 
#1 ·
Hello guys I created this post so that we can share all the qs we remember from real step 1 exam. I hope recent and old recent takers can post qs they remember.
It would be a big work if we know some of that big pool of qs.
Let's try how it works :)

#3 ·
USMLE taker....

Thank you for the post... nice try.... Although it seems those who took the exam don't want to share some of the most difficult questions or trick questions they recall from real exam...

I haven't take the exam but I will post a question that might help...

1- Which bacteria would cause osteomyelitis in a sickle cell patient???
Answer not sure? Uworld says Staph Aureus and Dr. Conrad Fisher says Salmonella....

2-- What is the leading cause of mortality of late onset in burn patients?
Answer....
Shock
Fluid loss
GI ulcers
infection
And more choices....

My answer is Fluid loss can cause TSS...

Those questions I got from a guy that recently took the step 1..

USMLE taker please explain your questions why 10%

Thank you

Hopefully someone else might post more questions so that we can discuss.... And learn...

#4 ·
Thank you for the post... nice try.... Although it seems those who took the exam don't want to share some of the most difficult questions or trick questions they recall from real exam...

I haven't take the exam but I will post a question that might help...

1- Which bacteria would cause osteomyelitis in a sickle cell patient???
Answer not sure? Uworld says Staph Aureus and Dr. Conrad Fisher says Salmonella....

2-- What is the leading cause of mortality of late onset in burn patients?
Answer....
Shock
Fluid loss
GI ulcers
infection
And more choices....

My answer is Fluid loss can cause TSS...

Those questions I got from a guy that recently took the step 1..

USMLE taker please explain your questions why 10%

Thank you

Hopefully someone else might post more questions so that we can discuss.... And learn...
Thanks lily. For those qs. I agree. And let me tell you that in qs one Is so far salmonella. In the first qs is 10% is just to know the prevalence. Nothing to explain. Is just memory. This is more a step 2 ck qs so I guess was an experimental question

#5 ·
@ patient with Qt prolongation and neuropathy. Which drug caused these adverse effects? --> Vincristine ( answer)

@patient with shingles and Orel candidiasis. What's the next step to do? ---> TEST FOR HIV

@ Patient with BMI of 17, anorexia 8 months. GnRH low, LH low, FSH low. What would you do?? --> psychological therapy, solve first the primary disorder of anorexia.

@one qs was about cytochrome P450. The qs was in which cytochrome acts Acetaminophen??? ---> CYP 3A4

#6 ·
New questions....

Good morning everyone.....

I don't know if we are allowed to post questions 'real' exam questions or not... Let's see how it goes..

1- Cimetidine slows mechanism of many drugs because it inhibits activity of
A- MAO
B- P450
C- Tyrosine Kinase
D- H+, K+,ATPase
E- Phase II glucocoronidation reactions.

2- The absorption of phosphate is reduced when large and prolonged doses of which the following antacids?
A- Na Hydroxide
B- Mg Trisilicate
C- Mg Hydroxide
D- Ca Carbonate
E- Sucralfate

Try to answer if there's no response then I provide answers tomorrow...

USMLE taker.... When r u taking your exam???

#7 ·
Good morning everyone.....

I don't know if we are allowed to post questions 'real' exam questions or not... Let's see how it goes..

1- Cimetidine slows mechanism of many drugs because it inhibits activity of
A- MAO
B- P450
C- Tyrosine Kinase
D- H+, K+,ATPase
E- Phase II glucocoronidation reactions.

2- The absorption of phosphate is reduced when large and prolonged doses of which the following antacids?
A- Na Hydroxide
B- Mg Trisilicate
C- Mg Hydroxide
D- Ca Carbonate
E- Sucralfate

Try to answer if there's no response then I provide answers tomorrow...

USMLE taker.... When r u taking your exam???
For sure for first one is CYP 450 without doubt. The second one is Ca carbonate
I will take step 1 next month

#8 ·
Answers.... Thank you USMLE taker...

1- P450 this cytochrome is the agent which carries out he main oxidation in liver for drug metabolism.. The side effect of cimetidine is to INHIBIT P450 another side effect is anti androgen.... 😜😜😜

MAO takes strongly effect on some intake with tyramine as stimulate release norepinephrine .
tyrosine kinase is a growth like enzyme when insulin effects on the tissue not mainly liver.
H, K, ATPase is the target from which digitalis inhibits on the myocardial cell pumps.
Phase II glucoronidation reaction is the combination process of phase I products in liver before elimination via renal..

1- answer is B

2- answer is E

2- Sucralfate si an antacid often referred as stomach effect... Is not against acidosis as Na bicarbonate (A), Mg Hydroxide is also antacid but rarely under large or prolonged dosages due to side effects (diarrhea, hypermagnesemia).
Mg Trisilicate (C) is a salt accounting for laxative... (D) Ca Carbonate is the main drug for chronic renal failure NOT antacid and it seems that CaCO3 make absorption of phosphate...

If I'm wrong PLEASE let me know...

We ALL are trying to learn from each other...

Thank you

Good night

#9 ·
Good morning... Question from Friday

1- A 55 year old male comes to ER complaining of heal wound that started three days ago. No history of diabetes, hypertension or allergies. During exploration the patient feels some crushing chest pain with numbness on his left arm for more than 10 minutes getting worst, he collapses. Which of he lab test run on blood specimen is most useful?

A- glucose
B- platelet count
C- amylase
D- uremia
E- creatine kinase

And the answer is????

#10 ·
1- A 55 year old male comes to ER complaining of heal wound that started three days ago. No history of diabetes, hypertension or allergies. During exploration the patient feels some crushing chest pain with numbness on his left arm for more than 10 minutes getting worst, he collapses. Which of he lab test run on blood specimen is most useful?

A- glucose
B- platelet count
C- amylase
D- uremia
E- creatine kinase

And the answer is????
I will go with E Creatine kinase to rule out MI. I delete glucose because he does not have history of DM. platelet count could be used as inflammatory marker, but still no. C is for pancreatitis and this history is not of pancreatitis, Uremia for renal failure no.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.