USMLE Forums banner

Anyone Expected result 7th October?

5K views 75 replies 13 participants last post by  sriharsha.21 
#1 ·
Anyone took the exam in September expecting results on October 7th?

#29 ·
Exactly , for me I definitely benifited a lot by preparing for step 1. No matter how the scores go I have definitely learned a lot and it is helping me during medical school even during the clinical years. When you know basic science the clinical knowledge becomes much more easier.
All we can do now is hope for the best :)

#38 ·
took exam on 23 september

hi i took exam on 23rd september : it was way tooo difficult i have marked 18 questions in every block and it was extra hard :
my NBME score 4 : 245
UWSA : 244
NBME7 : 223

i found exam 50 times more difficults than NBME 7 for step 2ck

m very tense i was feeling completely defeated after exam and i m worried i made 8 silly mistakes in a hurry coz question stems were very long

and i marked 18 questions in every block

anyways hoping for good

but guys let me tell you one thing the mean will be lower this time .. exam totally changed i didnt find it like uworld ,., it was more like kap Qbank or even more tough

my Qbank scores were random 71%

but i feeel like i have failed the real exam when i was taking it coz it was extra difficult

m expecting my result on next wednesday as my friends got scores in 3 weeks now for step 2ck

#39 ·
For me the exam was tough but doable. Some questions need an extra step of thought even the anatomy questions. I got some ultrasound picture and it was asking for a specific structure(can't remember it now). So there are some questions that you just have to accept no matter how much u study you can't know them.
Hopefully when we get our scores we can reflect more on how it went

#41 ·
The exam blocks were happening so fast i dont even remember .. I didnt feel sleepy or tired during the exam just a little hypoglycemic in last 3 blocks.. Also for half the blocks i had 1 min left to recheck my marked ones but for the other half i was just in time to finish the last ques and think so quickly... Idk what happened it was NOT easy but definitely doable

#42 ·
Yeah exactly exam was hard but doable ... Most questions require some or other thinking ... Very few memory bases questions and a few wtf questions which might b experimental and dont count ...the only thing i advice is questions might b different than any of the nbme or qbanks but most concepts are same ....just be strong is concepts ....u can not learn everything for usmle ....so learn whatever with perfection ..... And here problem comes ....time ....since question framing is new ...it takes more time to answer ....just try to b fast and active through the exam ....tag line is ..... DIG DEEP than WIDE .... Depth is concept and width is total material u got to prepare ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.