USMLE Forums - View Single Post - My experience with step 1(264) & 2CK(265)
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012
USMLE Forums Scout

Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Threads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by avash.nrs View Post
Congrats for ur great score..i am from india too(an average medical college and an average student too).have my step 1 on 2nd april..can u please tell me whether its natural to score badly(i mean those 55-60%) in uworld??i mean how much didi u score..having real problem in getting gud scores in the first 10 blocks of uworld..though i feel i am learning a lot and jotting down all facts on fa but still something that still stings me...

Hi,
You know you said the main thing in the end of your post! "you are learning a lot"!!
I truly believed it does not matter how much you are scoring in QBanks, it's not a reflection for how we will do in the real exam. It is meant for us to use it as a learning tool and we should use it that way only. I know its easier said than done, but try not to look at the percentage score, but focus everything on figuring out where you went wrong and correcting those mistakes. I used UW to iron out my flaws and you are just in the starting phase of it. I guess it's better to do 15 wrong questions and learn from them instead of just doing 3 wrong and not learning from them.

And April is a while from now and keep focussing on the mistakes and analyze your performance graph after you have done 30 35 % of QBank

Good Luck!
The above post was thanked by:
avash.nrs (02-13-2012), d_wiqed (02-13-2012)