USMLE Forums banner

NBME, UWSA, Qbanks Averages, Correlation with Real Step 2 CK Exam Score

853K views 359 replies 259 participants last post by  doer91 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
In this thread we ask those who have got their CK results to post their USMLE World, Kaplan Qbank, Other Qbanks, NBME, UWSAs, and any other question bank scores.

This will help future prospective CK takers to predict their CK according to their current performance in the above mentioned banks.

Sometimes, members forget to post here, so what we do, we copy their experiences from other threads and add them here.

Please do not change the theme of the thread. Post only similar to other posts. If you have questions to the posters, you can PM them, do not ask them in this thread.

There's a similar thread for Step 1, here's the link
NBME, UWSA, Qbanks Averages, Correlation with Real Step...

-

#314 ·
Ck 251

Step 1 - 239 (March 2016)
CK - 251 (January 2017)

CK Review: 5Mos.
Review: Step Up to Medicine, Anki from UWorld mistakes, MTB if not in Step Up
UWorld 1st Pass (per subject) - 70%
UWorld 2nd Pass (random) - 85%

NBME 4 (1 month out) - 239
UWSA Form 2 + 4 UWorld Blocks (full simulation; 1week out) - 252
UWSA Form 1 + NBME 6 (full simulation; 4days out) - 259 and 252

#330 ·
Just got my score today! **253!**
Background: US allopathic med school, Step 1 was 238. Finished 3rd year with IM clerkship. Took 4 weeks to study (about 7-8 hours, 6 days a week on avg). My shelf exams ranged between 77 and 79, except psych which was 89.
NBME 6: 217 (took this before actual review began to get baseline)
NBME 4: 235 (2 weeks in)
UWSA1: 259 (3 weeks in, after finishing all of UWorld)
UWSA2: 246 (2 days later)
NBME 7: 245 (2 days after that/3 days before exam)

#338 ·
Thanks to everyone for posting their results. This helped me a lot to keep it up!
IMG here, took 5 months to prepare.
Read MTB2 and 3 and some chapters on Kaplan notebooks .
Uworld remained the best ressource i had.
I found the real STEP2CK way harder than Uworld. When I got out of the exam, I thought I would not pass.

Step1 (nov 2016) : 248
UWORLD first pass (timed, random) : 79%
UWSA1 : 264

STEP2CK real score (may 2017) : 256 :eek:

#341 ·
Uworld ck

hey guys so i just took the uwsa forum 1 and got a 210/177 does the 177 stand for the predicted ck score or the 210?
took NBME forum 7 and got a 190 2 weeks back and plan to do one in the morning.

uworld 3rd time around im at a 75% with 50% remaining.
did online med videos.
can any one comment on where is stand and what i need to be doing want to take the exam first week of august?
thank you

#345 ·
Result timing and NBME Predictive Value

UWSA 1 (April 12) - 205
UWSA 2 (May 15) - 238
NBME 6 (May 26)- 205
UWORLD- 69%

Step 2CK (June 21) - 238 :eek:

RESULT TIMING: Got results on the 4th Wednesday at 8:45AM ET. (My step one score was given on the 3rd Wednesday after the exam also at 8:45AM ET)

Test Experience: Walked out of the exam feeling like a total idiot. I ran out of time in every block and randomly guessed on all of the biostat questions without reading them.

***IMPORTANT- I know many friends did terribly or failed the NBMEs before the exam and then ended up with 240-250 on the real thing. I found the NBMEs to be incredibly predictive of my Step 1 score, but they seemed to be very unreliable for CK. I know its great to have a guide on how you are doing, but please be careful- the NBME can shatter your confidence and prevent you from taking the exam sooner.

#347 ·
UWSA 1 (April 12) - 205
UWSA 2 (May 15) - 238
NBME 6 (May 26)- 205
UWORLD- 69%

Step 2CK (June 21) - 238 :eek:

RESULT TIMING: Got results on the 4th Wednesday at 8:45AM ET. (My step one score was given on the 3rd Wednesday after the exam also at 8:45AM ET)

Test Experience: Walked out of the exam feeling like a total idiot. I ran out of time in every block and randomly guessed on all of the biostat questions without reading them.

***IMPORTANT- I know many friends did terribly or failed the NBMEs before the exam and then ended up with 240-250 on the real thing. I found the NBMEs to be incredibly predictive of my Step 1 score, but they seemed to be very unreliable for CK. I know its great to have a guide on how you are doing, but please be careful- the NBME can shatter your confidence and prevent you from taking the exam sooner.
bravo!! this is like a doable thing. mostly people post too high scores in every assessment they take and of course the exam itself.. you guys are extraordinary.
but its good to see some average people around here :) like us..

#352 ·
256 in 2 months

FRED Qs (at the start) >90% :)) its very straight fwd.
UW First time : 64%

NBME 6 : 237 (4 weeks out)
NBME 7 : 233 (3 weeks out)
NBME 4 : 243 (2 weeks out)
UWSA 1 : 267 (1 week out)
UWSA 2 : 258 (2 days out)

Real deal 256.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.