USMLE Forums

USMLE Forums (
-   ECFMG Forum (
-   -   Who, in the med school, should send the list of authorized med school officials. (

drancunculus 05-01-2012 12:42 AM

Who, in the med school, should send the list of authorized med school officials.
Hi guys,

Could anyone help me here. I am the first one in my university who decided to do USMLE exam. I am a graduate and I don't have the diploma and transcript yet. I understand that if you don't have both of'em you can send a letter from an authorized official in your med school stating that you have finished the school.
Now the problem is , my med school has not yet contacted the ECFMG to provide the list of authorized officials. my question is now, Who is supposed to send the list of authorized officials to ECFMG, is it the dean, registrar or who?
please guys help me, Sabio please help me.
I highly appreciate your responses.

wilfredhenry528 05-01-2012 05:59 AM

I think u should contact ur dean coz ultimately its him who is supposed to sign ur forms and transcripts. In my opinion u should write an application to your dean stating all the procedures. additionally u may send the same application to ur registrar too for his information.
hope this helps.

Sabio 05-01-2012 06:24 AM

Since your med school did not contact ECFMG before, then it does not matter who contacts them, any med school official can do that (dean or registrar).

The important thing is that they should send a letter on an official med school paper with imprinted letterhead, seals, and signature(s).

I have to tell you that ECFMG will reject any correspondence from you until your med school contact them.


drancunculus 05-01-2012 07:57 AM

Thanks guys
Thank you guys for the quick reply, I really appreciate it. Sabio, is it must that the letter containing the list should have a seal?
and one more question, you see my medical school is a college of university. There is one registrar for all the colleges of the university, but each college has a director of academic affairs, so can that registrar be used as an official?

Sabio 05-01-2012 08:01 AM

The registrar should be the office that will or has already produced your final graduation diploma.

Yes. It must have a seal. I know people who have their documents rejected because it had no seal in it.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2019)