USMLE Forums

USMLE Forums (https://www.usmle-forums.com/)
-   IMG Residency Match Forum (https://www.usmle-forums.com/img-residency-match-forum/)
-   -   IMG's matched in California! (https://www.usmle-forums.com/img-residency-match-forum/70513-imgs-matched-california.html)

Kson 04-13-2014 11:17 AM

IMG's matched in California!
 
Just interested to know if there are any, and if so in what program, credentials, etc?

This could be useful info for a lot of people :)

Thanks!

Kson 04-16-2014 11:52 AM

No one has matched??

Kson 04-19-2014 11:48 AM

There MUST be someone :)

NAC Attack 04-21-2014 10:22 AM

I interviewed in 3 programs there any got some great feedback from 2. I didn't get down far enough in my rank list to see if I'd have matched there though. My stats are below.

@usmlethree 04-23-2014 04:55 PM

Not too many unfortunately , you should consider other states

GL

Kson 04-24-2014 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @usmlethree (Post 315241)
Not too many unfortunately , you should consider other states

GL


Maybe after my residency :)

cearamor 05-05-2014 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAC Attack (Post 311241)
I interviewed in 3 programs there any got some great feedback from 2. I didn't get down far enough in my rank list to see if I'd have matched there though. My stats are below.

How did you manage to get the PTAL? Are you a US citizen?

NAC Attack 05-05-2014 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cearamor (Post 328154)
How did you manage to get the PTAL? Are you a US citizen?

I didn't have the PTAL. I haven't graduated yet so it's impossible to get it. The programs which offered me an interview obviously didn't mind, and assumed I'd be able to get it after. I spoke to the california medical board and they said I would have been able to get it in time. And no, I'm not a US citizen.

cearamor 05-05-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAC Attack (Post 328186)
I didn't have the PTAL. I haven't graduated yet so it's impossible to get it. The programs which offered me an interview obviously didn't mind, and assumed I'd be able to get it after. I spoke to the california medical board and they said I would have been able to get it in time. And no, I'm not a US citizen.

Good to know that! Unfortunately, I didn't know that you could apply to Cali without a PTAL. On the other hand, I matched in a well regarded program, so it wouldn't change my ranking and in hindsight this saved me a few bucks. But this is interesting for future applicants, do you mind sharing which were these programs?

NAC Attack 05-13-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cearamor (Post 328690)
Good to know that! Unfortunately, I didn't know that you could apply to Cali without a PTAL. On the other hand, I matched in a well regarded program, so it wouldn't change my ranking and in hindsight this saved me a few bucks. But this is interesting for future applicants, do you mind sharing which were these programs?

Sorry, no. I'm not going to say anything that could make me identifiable.

cearamor 05-15-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAC Attack (Post 338794)
Sorry, no. I'm not going to say anything that could make me identifiable.

I totally understand that.. But thanks to let us know anyway..


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2019)