USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum members,

Is it better to do more than 1 Qbank?

In my case I've done UW 2X. My subscription doesn't end until 3 more months. So I was planning to go through it 1 more time, for a total of three. Now I've been thinking to skip UW and do a different Qbank.

My question is, is there some correlation between doing several qbanks and getting a higher score?

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Usually your first time scoring is the indicator of your performance, because the second time may be biased by your knowledge to the answers. However knowing the answers and performing better is also a good indicator that your USMLE knowledge has increased, especially if reviewed your other studying materials in the gab between the two " Qbank go through". If you were scoring 60-65% on the first time, no need to do another bank. Check the score correlator.

http://usmle-score-correlation.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello

I agree there is no point in doing UW more than once as an assessment, but its definitely worth doing more than once if you want to master the concepts.

So in other words I want to know, if you master UW is it worth doing another Qbank as a learning tool?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Glad to hear that Laithbv
I was averaging 63% the first time around. I find UW very useful as a learning tool. I would say its worth doing more than once.
its so nice that u're so far ahead. i cant wait to get this studying part done. ive still got pharmacology and pathology left. not to mention having to repeat them all over at least twice more before i can move on to q-banks. i love doing q-banks. i can sit for hours doing q-banks without feeling bored. :)

good luck dude. u seem to have plenty of time to go through everything all over again at a slow pace that too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.