USMLE Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post here, I am an IMG currently studying for step 1. I last took NBME 15 August 11 scoring a 192 in step 1-wise. Following the advise of one of my school advisor I took UWSA 1 since I have only NBME's 16, 17, 18 unused and should save them for the las 5-6 weeks of prep.

Today October 1st I scored a 232 (step 1 grading) on UWSA1, I have heard from many people that this test significantly inflates you score by 10-15 points:toosad:. What is your guys's experience with the predictive value of this test? and, what is a realistic point increase that could be seen from where I stand(10 weeks out) ?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
242 Posts
I hope you got the expanded feedback in NBME 15! Then you know what your weak at, right and yes USWA 1 inflates your marks!

Supplement those weak areas with proper resources like Kaplan video lectures or DIT lectures! 10 weeks is a lot of time, keep the last 4 weeks for revision purpose and in this 4 weeks study hard!

I have posted my experience as a student here
Code:
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-step-1-forum/311857-journey-259-cleverfox-s-usmle-step-1-experience.html
Check it out and if you have any more questions, post it here or on that thread or pm me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts