USMLE Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to start my application for step 1 but when I started with the application they requested me to put my eligibility period at the beginning of the process which I couldn't find because there are only until Dec. I want it to be between Nov-Dec-Jan.

Do I have to wait until the new booklet come out?

Would you please advice me what should I do?

Thanks in advance
:(:(

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You cannot at this time

You cannot apply for any eligibility period if any of its month is during the year 2011. You have to wait until July when the ECFMG opens the 2011 application.

However, if you are so keen about applying right now, then I suggest you apply for Oct-Nov-Dec and then later on you can extend it to Jan-Feb-Mar of next year.

Note that extension is not free and you are only allowed one extension.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the steps that you have to follow when registering for the first time with ECFMG in order to apply for USMLE.

10- Apply
Once you received that status you can apply for any step you like using IWA or OASIS.
The fees for the exam has to be paid at this point. Current fee requirements are listed in this web page ECFMG | Selected Fees
Note that you are applying for eligibility period not for exact exam date.
The eligibility periods are three months for all exams except CS it's 12 months.
I see you wrote 10-step ... There's any chance that I can change my eligibility period at this point.? I mean after I put Oct-Nov-Dec in the beginning of the process (step 1 application) but when I finally get my confirmation where they say that I can apply now and put instead Nov-Dec-Jan or I have to pay a fee for these changes.
Please help me I want to start my studies ASAP to start my studies real hard :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I see you wrote 10-step ... There's any chance that I can change my eligibility period at this point.? I mean after I put Oct-Nov-Dec in the beginning of the process (step 1 application) but when I finally get my confirmation where they say that I can apply now and put instead Nov-Dec-Jan or I have to pay a fee for these changes.
Please help me I want to start my studies ASAP to start my studies real hard :rolleyes:
No you cannot.
You have to finish the online part of your application with a single eligibility period Oct-Nov-Dec.
Moreover, you can only extend your eligibility when you are actually in the time frame of the initial eligibility period, which means until October. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
i want to take the exam on 2011 jan-march, the elegibility period not posted yet in the website??? i saw all old posts saying that it should be started in july?
anybody can help...
thanx sooo

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
i want to take the exam on 2011 jan-march, the elegibility period not posted yet in the website??? i saw all old posts saying that it should be started in july?
anybody can help...
thanx sooo
Last year it was posted in late August. So maybe this year is the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
papsi

you can't register till up 2011 will begin but i' m very to keep contact with because i finished to revise and in plan to challenge aout 2011

·
Registered
5 Posts
but i guess tunde michael wrote several days ago that called the ecfmg in person and they will declare the new eligibility period in September, any how
does anybody have the no. we can call on and esquire for all details
thanx

·
Registered
741 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts