USMLE Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This threads is dedicated for Psychiatry 2011 Match Applicants.
Please share your news of getting interviews and/or rejections and anything related to your Internal Medicine Application this matching season 2010-2011.

It would be appreciated if you also mention your credentials in the following format
Step 1 Score (attempt number)/Step 2 CK Score (attempt number)/Step 2 CS pass (attempt number)/IMG vz AMG vz CMG/Graduation Year/USCE yes or no/Visa requirement (J1, H1B, Not needed)

Examples
-95(1)/99(2)/CS(1)/IMG/2007/No USCE/J1
-88(2)/92(1)/CS(2)/CMG/2005/USCE, three months externship/GC
-93(1)/95(1)/CS(not yet)/AMG/2010/US student/Citizen

Glossary:
IMG= International Medical Graduate
AMG= American Medical Graduate or Student
CMG= Caribbean Medical Graduate
GC= Green Card
USCE= United States Clinical Experience

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still waiting, no IV no rejections

I'm applying only to psychiatry, categorical, 29 programs.
-87(1)/ 89(1)/ CS(1)/ step 3: 85 (1) / IMG / 1999 (I did residency in my country in other specialty) / USCE actually doing a 2nd year fellowship in very reknown University Hospital on my original field with clinical and research experience/ J1 or H1B.
I have 3 very good letters of recommendation from american doctors, from my fellowship, 1 letter is from a psychiatrist.
No IV no rejections, still waiting....:sorry:

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
-87(1)/ 89(1)/ CS(1)/ step 3: 85 (1) / IMG / 1999 (I did residency in my country in other specialty) / USCE actually doing a 2nd year fellowship in very reknown University Hospital on my original field with clinical and research experience/ J1 or H1B.
I have 3 very good letters of recommendation from american doctors, from my fellowship, 1 letter is from a psychiatrist.
Your profile seems to be OK, don't worry you'll start getting IVs in mid October.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
In what specialty you are doing fellowship? and why did you choose psychiatry then?

·
Registered
2 Posts
In what specialty you are doing fellowship? and why did you choose psychiatry then?
It's a surgical field, I initially did the residency in this field because my father is a famous surgeon in that field in my country, but I always wanted to be a psychiatrist. My real passion is the connection between mind and body, and I'm not the first person who switch fields.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
It's a surgical field, I initially did the residency in this field because my father is a famous surgeon in that field in my country, but I always wanted to be a psychiatrist. My real passion is the connection between mind and body, and I'm not the first person who switch fields.
Oh yes, you are not the first and not the last.
Good luck with the psych application

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.