USMLE Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will aslo be applying for pathology match. I have a question regarding the application. How many LORS maximum can we assign to a pathology program whilw applying? Any ideas.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Can you guys share your credentials in the following format
Step 1 Score (attempt number)/Step 2 CK Score (attempt number)/Step 2 CS pass (attempt number)/ Step 3 (attempt number)/Graduation Year/USCE yes or no/Visa requirement (J1, H1B, Not needed, ..etc)/

Examples
-230(1)/213(2)/CS(1)/Step 3 not yet/2007/No USCE/J1/No publications
-245(2)/235(1)/CS(2)/210(1)/2005/USCE, three months externship/GC/3 publication in International Journals and 5 in home country
-255(1)/254(1)/CS(not yet)/2010/No USCE/US Citizen

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My credentials
242(1)/238(1)/CS(1)/Step3 yet to take/(2003)/3 months USCE/Green Card/ 10 Publications all in International Journal
-2 LOR from Pathologist, 1 month observership in University teaching hospital andt 2 mths in US private hospital.
-2 LOR from my PhD from USA
-Last year applied without pathologist LOR, green card and did not match because I applied few programs and unluckily applied for programs which do not accept Old IMG

·
Registered
10 Posts
My credentials 248 (1), 244 (1), cs passed (1), step 3 yet to take, 2011, 4 month patho US experience , visa required.
Applied with 4 us lors from pathologists two from a university program. Two publications in process of publication. Applying for the first time .

·
Registered
14 Posts
all ready interviewed at top choice path. program last week; i think it went well;

I've all ready interviewed at my top choice pathology residency spot and I think it went well; My stats: step 1-237 step 2-254 CS-all ready passed I made honors in the majority of my clerkships; (IM, peds, FM ect.) I've completed some research. I was born in texas and I am an American citizen. I want to become a dermatopathologist. My AOA membership is pending. :)):))

·
Registered
60 Posts
one of my friends told me that howard university hospital the pathology program director is very chill and is open to old grads. you need to apply and show commitment to african american health care.

is a for sure match.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've all ready interviewed at my top choice pathology residency spot and I think it went well; My stats: step 1-237 step 2-254 CS-all ready passed I made honors in the majority of my clerkships; (IM, peds, FM ect.) I've completed some research. I was born in texas and I am an American citizen. I want to become a dermatopathologist. My AOA membership is pending. :)):))
stop lying its only 22nd sept considering that applications were sent on 15th andthe site kept crashing that day

·
Registered
14 Posts
have to be patient on the interview process

I received an early interview because I applied early to the program and did an elective; credentials-step 1-237(1st time) step 2-254(1st time) CS-passed; Honors on most of my clerkships and classes; born in the USA;

·
Registered
14 Posts
I only applied to one program which was my top choice

:)) I think it looks really good for me to get the spot; there are only three residency spots for the spot I want; I've all ready interviewed and it went superb; I also completed an elective with them and it went well; Good luck everyone!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts