USMLE Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exam is in exactly in a month :eek:...

I am in the middle of UW (50% finished), finished this far in 10 days. Score is quite good. I have finished First Aid Q and answer and kaplan Q book as review question material.

I have been over FA twice and referred to it while doing questions frequently.

I also think I should do more picture questions from the Utah university website http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/EXAM/EXAMIDX.html ... it's a good one by the way ;).

So you think I should leave doing questions and start reviewing FA over and over again or should I go on with the review questions...

Any other advice (beside laying of usmle-forums for a while :))?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Probably it's good time for you now to do NBME
I suggest you do one or two forms and see where you stand

another advice,
whatever you review in the next month tell yourself "this is the last time am looking at this page" this is very important to gear you up for the big day.

Eat well, wake up early from now on.

Tell your family, that the next month is the most important month and you should not waste any minute from your time.

No weekends, no parties, no eat outs .... It's this 30 days that will decide your USMLE Step 1 fate.

We'll pray for you and we wish you a great luck

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you do Kaplan notes?
Hardly, I did most of biochem. the rest I used them (or other material) for reference while reviewing difficult points on FA... But ofcourse I don't have the option of reviewing them now, and though a lot of ppl found them useful and scored high relying on them, even if I do, I (personally) am not a big fan.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wish you best of luck in exam ....my prayers are with you ...... and thanks for the posts ....

don't let your sleep rhythm disturbed this month .... especially the last week before the exam ..... so that you can see your performance at your best in the exam day ....

I think .....for some more weeks you can go through Q study along with reviewing .....but not in the final countdown week .....at least that week should be occupied with reviewing the portions what you need to and want to be polished ......as it will vary individually ...

Wish you all the best in exam :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wish you the best

I am not going to say "Good luck," because I believe you won't need "luck" to answer ;)

Looking forward to congratulate you :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
One month to the exam

Good luck to the Step 1 .
Thank you for sharing your experience and hope to hear only good news.

Take care of yourself in the last month of preparation.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Go for that man and get the best possible score, answer like it's a video game piece of cake questions :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts