USMLE Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. It's been approximately 4 years since finishing my 2nd year of medical school (at a caribbean school). Because of getting sick on and off and failing my step 1, I lost all hope. Recently I decided to pursue medicine again and start studying for step 1. I have 2 years of clinicals to go after step 1. What are my chances of a residency spot? I'm not picky about speciality or location. I am a Canadian and would be looking for residency in the US. Is it worth the time and money for me or should I move on to something else? Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi everyone. It's been approximately 4 years since finishing my 2nd year of medical school (at a caribbean school). Because of getting sick on and off and failing my step 1, I lost all hope. Recently I decided to pursue medicine again and start studying for step 1. I have 2 years of clinicals to go after step 1. What are my chances of a residency spot? I'm not picky about speciality or location. I am a Canadian and would be looking for residency in the US. Is it worth the time and money for me or should I move on to something else? Thanks for any feedback!
Look for my post in the USMLE step 1 about failing. I have now completed residency and I failed 2 X

1 - 2 of 2 Posts