USMLE Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i have 5 days left for my step 1. I have revision of 5 subjects pending from fa. and i am a very slow reader like max 35 pages a day. there is a lot to cover i feel and i donno what will happen. my nbme score -in 19- 252(3 days back) and in nbme 18-255(2 weeks back). And i want to score above 255. Will what i read for last 3-4 days matter? Any tips?
:eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi guys, i have 5 days left for my step 1. I have revision of 5 subjects pending from fa. and i am a very slow reader like max 35 pages a day. there is a lot to cover i feel and i donno what will happen. my nbme score -in 19- 252(3 days back) and in nbme 18-255(2 weeks back). And i want to score above 255. Will what i read for last 3-4 days matter? Any tips?
:eek:
Hey there!
Yout scores are awesome there is no need to worry! What's done is done. What you will score is pretty much designated by now .. The last 5 days just focus on a good refresh of your knowledge! It doesnt matter how slow you are.. You now KNOW your step 1 stuff, you dont have to read again topics that you know. While passing through your material and you see a topic ask yourself what do I know about that and answer .. Are you confident, did you forget any important info? .. If no then just move forward. Time is of essence now. You have to spend time ONLY for topics that are really difficult to you to stick to your mind .. Good luck, thats only 5 days.. Do your best!! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..!

Hey there!
Yout scores are awesome there is no need to worry! What's done is done. What you will score is pretty much designated by now .. The last 5 days just focus on a good refresh of your knowledge! It doesnt matter how slow you are.. You now KNOW your step 1 stuff, you dont have to read again topics that you know. While passing through your material and you see a topic ask yourself what do I know about that and answer .. Are you confident, did you forget any important info? .. If no then just move forward. Time is of essence now. You have to spend time ONLY for topics that are really difficult to you to stick to your mind .. Good luck, thats only 5 days.. Do your best!! :)
Yes, it seems legit to use time wisely now.. Lets see what the exam has in box for me..! Thank you so much for your reply, it really helps a lot..!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there!
Done with step 1 finally. Thanks for your help. 2 blocks were awful. Rest 5 were easy. Last one had only 32 questions and it was weird too. But its doable. Lets wait for the scores now. Hahaha.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Done with step 1 finally. Thanks for your help. 2 blocks were awful. Rest 5 were easy. Last one had only 32 questions and it was weird too. But its doable. Lets wait for the scores now. Hahaha.
Hey there! Congrats!! What you just completed is really great! Once again congratulations! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts