USMLE Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the Step 1 in June 2011. Is it enough time to study from January to June along with my clinical rotations in med school if I use my time wisely? The only time off I have is the full month of January and then nothing before my scheduled date.

I am very worried and would sincerely appreciate some guidance. Thanks :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Its tough to study along with rotations... I'd try and budget as much time as possible and try to stick really well to a study plan. Your organizational skills will save you :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes- I'll have to use my weekends wisely. In terms of hours, are 6 hours per day during my Jan and half of Feb break + all the remaining weekends until June enough to get a high score? Or is 8 hours during weekends better for March, April May- closer to the exam date?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would suggest putting in as much time as possible during January to make sure you get through all your review material (Fa, RR, etc). Most med students, myself included, get about 6 weeks off before the test to prepare, and people who I've spoken to put in anywhere from 8-10 hours per day 6-7 days per week for the entire time. I would suggest doing this in January- February, then on the weekends just hammer your weak points and your Qbanks. Make a plan and stick to it. You can do it, just know you have a lot of work ahead!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts