USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am a 5th year medical student who just started my pathway to usmle

This summer 2011 I am going to take USMLE step 1 then in the next summer (summer 2012) I am going to take step 2 CK exam.

So this is my question

This year in school we study Ped-Ob/Gyn-some internal medicine-some surgery and at 6th year will take the rest of surgery and internal medicine

So I want to know what is the best books in those branches I can study with in college so when I prepare for step 2 CK it becomes easy as pie to me

Sure I don't want review or high yield book for now cause I am studying it at school

thanks in advance

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
My opinion

It's a great plan that you are thinking of Step 2 CK from now.

Since you don't want to read high yield or review books then you don't need a recommendation.

All you need to do is to follow your school's curriculum and what your profs recommend for peds and ob/gyn and pass your required exams and that's it.

Then after two years you should start grabbing the high yield CK books

For CK exam, it's not recommended that you read individual subject books since it will be too much and you don't need to do that specially if you take CK after step 1.

That's my opinion

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know but our curriculum is from our prof books and not international book

see we didnt study greys anatomy or guyton or even lipincott

our prof made books and we study from it

and i dont want for only step 2 i want it for my knowledge also cause this is the real medicine not the basic science we studied last years

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts