USMLE Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I understand what you are saying, but the hard truth is that they filter by scores first. Right now I emailed couple of program with 2 year cut off, they told for sure apply since my scores are stellar. 250/260/cs-1
Even if a program filters scores first, with the amount of fresh grads applying every year they can still later filter YOG and get enough applicants. Programs place that criteria on their website because they are confident they will still get enough fit that criteria.

On the opposite end, some programs do make exceptions. If they find a candidate who exceeds their criteria in all aspects but one, they may extend an interview invite. Also "the good old" personal connection invite, will happen regardless of criteria.

OLD IMGs should apply to programs where they meet the criteria, however if they have some money to spare they should research some extra programs to apply to.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.