USMLE Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
I have some questions about CS eligibility period and exact exam date

first, how long is the eligibility period for CS?

second, when I apply for CS, i choose certain eligibility period. Do I have to choose the exact exam date also, or this is something I can do later?
and If I can choose the exact date later, how much time do I have between choosing the eligibility period and choosing the exam day ?

third, can I change the exam date later ( withing the eligibility period ), and for how much money?

fourth, after I choose the exam center and the exam date, can I change the exam center?

fifth, when are they going to apply the new examination rules ( about every one has to type the note and that handwriting is no longer allowed )?

thanks all in advance for all your help, for this one and for every thing ..
:)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
5 Answers

That's not a couple of questions. That's five complicated questions! :)) Just joking ...

first, how long is the eligibility period for CS?
12 Months

second, when I apply for CS, i choose certain eligibility period. Do I have to choose the exact exam date also, or this is something I can do later?
and If I can choose the exact date later, how much time do I have between choosing the eligibility period and choosing the exam day ?
No you don't need to specify your exam date. You do that later.
There's no set amount of time at which you have to set your exact date, it all depends on seat availability. However, if you want to set a near date (like for example next two weeks or next month) you are unlikely to find a vacant seat.
Nevertheless, here's a trick that you can use to get a near date
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-articles/828-scheduling-your-exam-date.html

third, can I change the exam date later (within the eligibility period), and for how much money?
Yes, you can.

• If you cancel more than fourteen calendar days before (but not including) your scheduled test date, there is no fee to reschedule.
  • If you cancel during the fourteen-day period before (but not including) your scheduled test date, your fee will be $150 when you reschedule.
  • If you miss your scheduled testing appointment without canceling, your fee will be $400 when you reschedule.
fifth, when are they going to apply the new examination rules ( about every one has to type the note and that handwriting is no longer allowed )?
That will be in mid 2011. Read more info in our USMLE News article here
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-news/1909-no-more-pn-writing-cs-exam.html

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
and one more question ...
can i now apply for eligibility period between Jan 2011 and Dec 2011 or i have to wait till Jan 2011 to do that?
You have to wait until Jan 2011.
Do not make the mistake by applying early because they'll give you an eligibility period that start now and maybe you'll regret it later on if you cannot take the exam by July 2011.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts