USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

need ur advice sabio or anyone who can clear my doubt.

u see the name with which i registered with ecfmg is as is shown in my passport, DL etc.

but my diploma and college documents used to use the surname preceeds the name format.

so essentially the name in the ecfmg record and in my diploma doesnt match.

how do i proceed?! should i change my name in the ecfmg record to match the one in my diploma?

pl help :(

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Your options

If your Diploma specifically mentions that this is your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME then you don't have problem.
If not, then I think the easiest course of action is to ask your medical school to change your name in the diploma and transcript. Because, changing your passport and DL is a bigger headache or in some cases it's impossible.
If your medical school doesn't allow you that then I suggest you call ECFMG and explain for them the issue and they should guide you accordingly.

Also have a look here
Threads Tagged with Name Problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice.

no the diploma doesnt specify the order of the names!

seems i can get a letter from the dean certifyin that both the names in the diploma and ecfmg record belong to the same person.

its jus gonna be lil inconvenient as i have already graduated and livin far off from my medical coll :(

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Don't worry

thanks for the advice.

no the diploma doesnt specify the order of the names!

seems i can get a letter from the dean certifyin that both the names in the diploma and ecfmg record belong to the same person.

its jus gonna be lil inconvenient as i have already graduated and livin far off from my medical coll :(
Yes, that's the best course of action.
Make sure that your dean mentions it's only a different in the order of LAST NAME, FIRST NAME.
Don't worry about it, that's a common problem and ECFMG used to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts