USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!!

i got my permit for the exam some few weeks back..all my forms and application has been accepted..and also got my mail from ECFMG saying i have the permit for my exam..i just wanted to ask is there time limit after getting the permit that i should get the dates..the thing is i have my time frame for the exam from october to december..and i still am not sure about the exact date on which to take the exam. but will definitely be in that time period..i was just wanted to ask if there is like a time limitation after getting the permit that i should get the dates. can please anyone advice me on this?..:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
yah it is !

I think you would get 3 months time for writing your exam from the date of permission.Let you explain............you got your permit on 10th Aug then you have a time boundation of 10th Aug to 09 Oct.before if you are not sure then you can ask for extended period to write your exam,they would charge you some extra dollars,that you will get from ecfmg site very well...........................:):happy:

·
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
753 Posts
No deadline

hi!!

i got my permit for the exam some few weeks back..all my forms and application has been accepted..and also got my mail from ECFMG saying i have the permit for my exam..i just wanted to ask is there time limit after getting the permit that i should get the dates..the thing is i have my time frame for the exam from october to december..and i still am not sure about the exact date on which to take the exam. but will definitely be in that time period..i was just wanted to ask if there is like a time limitation after getting the permit that i should get the dates. can please anyone advice me on this?..:)
You can schedule your Prometric date any time during your eligibility period. You can even schedule 3 days before your intended date of examination. However, please be aware that you may not find available seats if you schedule with such a short notice.
I'd suggest it's best to schedule 6 weeks before the exam date.
For more information read these threads

1 - 3 of 3 Posts