USMLE Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please I am I dont know what to do, I am an IMG and I was accepted in a lab to stay for a short term period, but I read that basic research doesnt give you the opportunity to publish papers in a short term so wont give you a potential benefit to the match if you are going only for 3 months , you would need at least 12 to 18 months in a lab. I dont have a lot of money and actually I am working to pay my future electives and rotations at US , so its very important the decision that I could have. I dont know if I should accept the opportunity or take my step 1 first , because if I go there, I will discontinue my studies for step 1 and probably I Will take it after the rotation in the lab.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Please I am I don't know what to do, I am an IMG and I was accepted in a lab to stay for a short-term period, but I read that basic research doesn't give you the opportunity to publish papers in a short-term so won't give you a potential benefit to the match if you are going only for 3 months , you would need at least 12 to 18 months in a lab. I don't have a lot of money and actually, I am working to pay my future electives and rotations at US, so it's very important the decision that I could have. I don't know if I should accept the opportunity or take my step 1 first because if I go there, I will discontinue my studies for step 1 and probably I Will take it after the rotation in the lab.
I am not an expert here, so I will mention this that what I will say is only an advice.
In my opinion, you should go for your exams first, but make sure you can justify that preparation time with some clinical exposure, if you are still in your medical school then that is great if you already graduated then you need some clinical exposure.

Once you are done with your exams, you can get better research jobs, which pay you handsomely and give you better experience/exposure + chance to have your name on some publications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh yes, the study is quite difficult. Therefore, to write a scientific paper you need to have very good skills, otherwise you are unlikely to succeed. Personally, I understood this immediately, so I sought help. I turned to the service PapersOwl and did not regret it, because they have professional writers who write quality research paper and do it quickly and very cool. They are real pros in research, so there is no doubt about them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts