USMLE Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be taking the step next week. In the last 2 practice exams I did my average was 230.
What should I study?
And can someone who has written it this month please tell me their experience.
I am getting a bit anxious and don't know how to prepare.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just read a memorice FA. I took my exam on August 18! I just read FA, but I don't finished (I just read 400 pages + rapid review, I missed 200 pages). I got a really easy questions but I missed because I don't memorized the last pages.

Did you take the 150 free questions? If u don't, take it!! This would reduce your anxiety, and you can practice your time too. Then study/review the questions, with (if u have enough time) or without your FA. The questions are really similar to the examen!!

Just trust in yourself , you'll gonna be ok, u can do it.

I'm waiting my score now. ?!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I am going through FA. I did NBME 16 today and I got 228, do you think I should delay my exam since my mark dropped.

And since you have written it recently are the questions like the NBMEs or like the free 150 questions. For some reason I feel more comfortable with the free questions since they give some background on the patient instead of straight asking the question.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know if you have to delay your exam or not, it would depend on u, I know it's a difficult choice but you have to take it. Remember your goal, and what program do u want. Remember that the mean is 228, and the extra charge of prometric (it depends where u live)

So in my opinion the exam is really similar to nbme 17 and the free 150

As I told u before, I got lazy mistakes because I did review al my FA, but that it's my experience. You have to be confident and read the questions carefully, they tell u more than one tip to choose the correct answer.

I know that the last days are horrible, but it's normal! Everyone how pass this exam feel the same. So don't get panic!! Stay confident!! And keep studying!! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just read a memorice FA. I took my exam on August 18! I just read FA, but I don't finished (I just read 400 pages + rapid review, I missed 200 pages). I got a really easy questions but I missed because I don't memorized the last pages.

Did you take the 150 free questions? If u don't, take it!! This would reduce your anxiety, and you can practice your time too. Then study/review the questions, with (if u have enough time) or without your FA. The questions are really similar to the examen!!

Just trust in yourself , you'll gonna be ok, u can do it.

I'm waiting my score now. ?!! Good luck!!
Hii...i too took my exam on aug 18th....when can we expect our results..?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am agreed with all of us Happy-2 as FA is only a thing that can protect you.So whenever you get time you have to read it but remember as your examination is knocking at the door,So you don't have to be nervous with it or take any anxiety so that you can do well in the exam.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi , you can take help in your writing from USMLE that is the best concept to take any kind of help. Actually I love to help others ,so if you have any writing difficulties knock me

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine! It's very difficult exam...If you wish yo pass it successfully you should work hard everyday. If you want to get any physic homework help on this exam I get give you some hints. However, there you can find some tips on any tasks. But first of all, read a lot and find a few social group dedicated to your field. There people discuss many useful questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts