USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just started with preparation. Planning on giving the Step 1 by the end of this year. Any advice? & Study schedule? Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi, just started with preparation. Planning on giving the Step 1 by the end of this year. Any advice? & Study schedule? Thanks.
Hey there!
I use to say that you can not get a plan from someone else bc no one knows your day to day life and how many hours per day you can spend.But its very helpful to get advices and then make your own plan!
Look in general a dedicated period of 3-5 months is needed before you sit for the exam. Before that period it would be helpful to run through your stuff and organize it so that you can study effectively during dedicated and not losing time by running through multiple resources.
I would suggest to start your prep now by studying 3-4h/day until July. During that period try to organize step 1 material in one resource. Then take a little break of1-2 weeks.If you follow this plan in August you will be ready to start your dedicated so I think that until December you will be ready to take the exam :)

Check out my experience if you want and if you ve got any questions feel free to ask!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there!
I use to say that you can not get a plan from someone else bc no one knows your day to day life and how many hours per day you can spend.But its very helpful to get advices and then make your own plan!
Look in general a dedicated period of 3-5 months is needed before you sit for the exam. Before that period it would be helpful to run through your stuff and organize it so that you can study effectively during dedicated and not losing time by running through multiple resources.
I would suggest to start your prep now by studying 3-4h/day until July. During that period try to organize step 1 material in one resource. Then take a little break of1-2 weeks.If you follow this plan in August you will be ready to start your dedicated so I think that until December you will be ready to take the exam :)

Check out my experience if you want and if you ve got any questions feel free to ask!
Thanks for your input! I have a few questions:
Which resources did you use?
How long did you spend preparing?
Are you an img?

·
Registered
63 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts