USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

basically I'm an IMG from the UK studying for step 1. I did my first UWorld Sim Exam today and scored 200 and I'm freaking out a bit. My exams in just under 7 weeks, do you think its possible to pick up 40 points by then? how should i plan my remaining time? shall i postpone my exam? im currently studying around 8-10 hrs a day and im 7 weeks into my revision. I've been through half the uworld q bank and been through the goljan lectures.

any advice is much appreciated

thanks

ben

·
Registered
14 Posts
i dont think you need to reshedule your exam if your are studying 8-10 hours a day. keep studying and taking the practice exams and you should get your score up the 40 points you are looking for.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's way to early to decide if you need to delay the exam. Take a NBME test online 4 weeks before taking the exam, then 2 weeks before the exam date. If your estimated score isn't as high as you'd like, then postpone it and reexamine what went wrong during your study sessions.

I think only after going through UWorld once you'll able to determine if your revision was sufficient or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts