USMLE Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Lurker for years, joined today after my Step 2 CS Result.

I have applied for 2015 Residency Programs, in Step 1 I got 234 whereas in Step 2 CK I got 252, however, in Step 2 CS I did not pass the SEP section while I did pretty well in CSI and ICE. I had done CS exam in Philadelphia.

Currently I have gotten few interviews which are from;

- University of Buffalo
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
- UPMC Mercy

...and few others.

I have not yet submitted my Step 2 CS score yet.

Now, I have few questions;

- What is best suggested option for me? Can I get matched into program with failed CS?
- I have seen last date in order to get CS score between 3 December to 31 December is 1 November, can I get a date before that?

I am devastated and really don't wish to spend another year. I went to Caribbean and I am not American Citizen.

Appreciate profusely.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello,

Lurker for years, joined today after my Step 2 CS Result.

I have applied for 2015 Residency Programs, in Step 1 I got 234 whereas in Step 2 CK I got 252, however, in Step 2 CS I did not pass the SEP section while I did pretty well in CSI and ICE. I had done CS exam in Philadelphia.

Currently I have gotten few interviews which are from;

- University of Buffalo
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
- UPMC Mercy

...and few others.

I have not yet submitted my Step 2 CS score yet.

Now, I have few questions;

- What is best suggested option for me? Can I get matched into program with failed CS?
- I have seen last date in order to get CS score between 3 December to 31 December is 1 November, can I get a date before that?

I am devastated and really don't wish to spend another year. I went to Caribbean and I am not American Citizen.

Appreciate profusely.
You need to pass it before their deadlines. You can still interview with the programs and you'll have to let them know if they ask about CS.....at this point it's probably hard for you to get a date....everyone is going to be taking it. I would suggest keep clicking the refresh button on the scheduling site and hope something comes up.

If not, another year is really not that long in the overall journey of residency.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts