USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I graduated in 2004 and had ECFMG certification in 2007. I hadn't apply in years for match, now I work in private cancer center with infusion treatment almost like a PA. I'm very passionate about medicine and still hope one day I can be a physician, I know it’s almost impossible in my situation, so is there any advice in which path I can go and take advantage of my degree and have a decent job with decent pay. Also, do any one have any idea about osteopathic medicine if they accept ECFMG certified and credit my degree and do 2 years instead of 4

·
Registered
11 Posts
I graduated in 2004 and had ECFMG certification in 2007. I hadn't apply in years for match, now I work in private cancer center with infusion treatment almost like a PA. I'm very passionate about medicine and still hope one day I can be a physician, I know it's almost impossible in my situation, so is there any advice in which path I can go and take advantage of my degree and have a decent job with decent pay. Also, do any one have any idea about osteopathic medicine if they accept ECFMG certified and credit my degree and do 2 years instead of 4
Hi Sam. I might not have the answer you are looking for, but i will try to share some information I know. Firstly I am not sure if your ECFMG certificate is still valid after 7 years. With your background as a doctor,you can do certification courses (generally lasting 20 weeks or so) and get a decent job in pharmaceutical companies involving clinical trials.most pharma companies have decent pays.
check this out. http://sollers.edu/medical-programs/certificate-programs/
If money and time is not your issue you can opt for physician assistant programs which are usually 2-3 years or Masters in hospital administration/MBA. Both fields will value your medical degree.
This article might give you more ideas http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827680

keep up your spirits and all the best.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, i think you need to search it in google, in there you will find many professional writing school papers who will help you in giving advice related to you. In past, i need advice regarding getting job in my field. Then i found an expert in google and he advice me so good. That is why i recommending you google search for your advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts