USMLE Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ... I'm preparing fro step 2 CK for long time now, I started my prep like 6-5 months ago with on and off mode of studying .. so far

read
Kaplan CK Notes IM X 2times
Kaplan CK Notes Peds, Obgyn, and Psychiatry X 1time and didn't finish it
Kaplan CK Notes Surgery X 1time long time ago

I read most of MTB-CK .. Some chapters of FA
Kaplan CK qbank I did about 50 % of it with really bad score max I used to get 40-60 percent that's why I made extension... and right now am doing UW offline and reading MTB again

The problem is my exam is at 27/3 ..I already made extension ... so this is the last day in my eligibility period !!

The problem I can't remember anything ! I don't know what to do. I'm not organized person and I made a lot of notes from Kaplan q bank and some others form UW. I don't know how to use what I wrote and how to go in an organized way to review all the important topics and memorize them too. My memory is like a memory of a rabbit !!!:toosad:

Plus there is a lot of sources to review from. I mean FA and MTB-CK and MTB-3 and my notes and some topics from Kaplan and some notes from other friends and usmle secrets and Conrad flash cards .... I'm so lost !:notsure:!

I want to do all of these things because i didn't take step 1 first and I do want to get high score ..my exam is in 3 months and I don't know what to do or how to start and how to finish all of this in a smart good way !!

Guys plz I need your help :scared:

·
Registered
146 Posts
hii rooshy..

maybe i am not the best person to give advice since i have not gotton my step 2 ck results ..but i will give u my 2 cents nevertheless...if u find it useful..that would be good ..otherwise ask around.. i got a lot of good advice fromthis forum n i hope i had followed it more whole heartedly

first of all relax...we all have not so great memories..or most of usanyway ..but we are all on the same boat..each struggling n trying to do his or her best
second ......organise ur self ..limit ur resources nowthat u r near the end ..stick to one to tw obokos..i would recommend mtb ..but if u have been doing first aid then by all means follow it ...
third....do consistently q banks ..kaplan is good ..n uw is recommended by many ...try taking annotations .......think of the q banks as a review material
fourth....d onbme's online and offline..review with sp.....if u feel u cant consistently study...get an sp...that works better
fifth......take 20 mins out of the day to search this forum n other forum where people have posted their 99 results and prep ....this would be a boost to you

i hope that u find the advice useful....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey sam thanks you really for your words .. :)

so what do you think is better ? just stick to MTB and FA and for get about doing kaplan again ? along with UW and kaplan q bank ?

how do you think i should go i mean i barley can finish 1 block or maybe 30 q a day ..plus reading from mtb 2 about 20 pages a day.. by this rate i'm so screwed i know :D

and what about the notes ? do you think i stil have time to refine them all and put everything where it belongs to ..... i mean everything about Aortic dissection in one place and everything about cystic fibrosis in one place ..becuz now the situation is like everything realted to cardio in a punch of papers and everything relate to nephro in another punch and so on ... and i feel so lost .. all i have left is 3 months ....do you think i still have time to master master the board and FA and UW and kaplan :confused:

thank you sam for you help .,,i do appreciate it :)

Reactions: samstar

·
Registered
146 Posts
like i said before..try keeping it simple near the end...coz the stress is going to mount on n u have to remember loads altogether.......so
try stickingto fa n mtb ...do uw ...those q are good ......try going thru ur notes ...coz those would be imp as well....eg:when u r doing cardio..write down or staple the cardio notes in ur mtb or fa ..that way when u review it just before the exam....u will have everything in one place n not look around....do that for all the topics .....
do nbme early on n try doing at least 20-30 q per day .....
hope that helps​

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Sam for your help ..i do appreciate it :)
and i wish you high score and the residency you want too :D

wish me luck ..i will start over *sigh* may God be with All of us :eek:

Reactions: samstar
1 - 5 of 5 Posts