USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have few questions about USMLE World

how to and where can i get u world subscription from? and how many questions or blocks are in u world ? is it a subject wise or what ??

I finished my first reading of Kaplan series and videos

can I start u world along with each individual subject while doing my second reading ? and then after my read I want to do random and assessment stuff?

i wuld really appreciate your advice!:toosad:

·
Registered
161 Posts
http://www.usmleworld.com/Step1/step1.aspx read all about it there and click sign up on the bottom left. It will take you through the step by step signing up procedure. You can buy various packages...1 month...3 month..6 month etc etc. Depends on when your exam is. I bought a 3 month in Jan because my exam is end of March. Some people buy it a year in advance. Depends on how you want to do it. All the prices are listed there as well.

There are ABOUT 2000 ?s in UWorld. You can do 46 questions per block. You can actually watch a tutorial before purchasing it. You can choose what subject you want so lets say you want biochem, micro, pharm etc...then you can choose what in biochem, micro or pharm you want to do i.e biochem neuro related, micro cardio related, pharm neuro related. You can also just select all. You can also choose timed, untimed, tutor mode where you see if you got the answer right or wrong right after you answer it with a description.

You can totally start uworld right now. When is you exam?

·
Registered
653 Posts
can u use usmle world.. subject review while doing first revision or do u recommend this for 2ndo rev..

and by the way does kaplan has subject review as well?

·
Registered
161 Posts
can u use usmle world.. subject review while doing first revision or do u recommend this for 2ndo rev..

and by the way does kaplan has subject review as well?
Yes, I recommend....lets say you study Micro, do micro questions. If you study cardio, do cardio questions. I think its not a good idea to do mixed in your first run of studying UNLESS you have strong basic sciences. I think that once you have gone through all the material one time, the 2nd time start doing mixed and timed.

As for kaplan, I believe they have the same format. But I am not 100% sure. Sorry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts