USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

I am writing this thread in order to raise awareness regarding the NBME official tests for step 1, 2 and 3.

There are some pitfalls which you need to avoid:

I urge you to do at least one NBME form (ANY form is good!) at least 3-4 weeks before the test. I see many doctors that aim to score high, however they do the NBME sometimes a few days or 1-2 weeks before the real thing. I tell you that this strategic is WRONG!!! Can you imagine what would happen if you aim for a 230-240 and the NBME show 220? And you just have a few days for the exam? And then you panic, you postpone dates, and you become a wreck. Please don't do that. Study hard, do some USMLE world and after you believe you reached a sufficient status, go and take an NBME. You need a sufficient amount of time to correct any weaknesses before the exam, and trust me it is a drag to find them out just a few days before the test.

Plus, you will keep your mentality, and you will be relaxed, and have sufficient time for the test.

This advice goes especially for people that take a USMLE test for the first time. Many of us really have no idea about the test and the psychology we need to have, and a bad NBME may wake as up!

Do NBME at least 3-4 weeks before the date guys. You will remember my advice when you score high! ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
thanks for your advice....

thanks a lot for your advice.....my exams are just in 4 weeks...and I planned to take an NBME form today....but was really confused whether I was doing right or wrong because I have a feeling that I'm not fully prepared! Your advice made me a bit confident, yes, I can work on my weak areas after this exam....

thanks a lot...:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
thanks

Thank you so much.
According to my plan, I was thinking to take UWSA 4 weeks before the exam, and NBME-7 10 days before the exam. Does that work? or should I need to change it??

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thank you so much.
According to my plan, I was thinking to take UWSA 4 weeks before the exam, and NBME-7 10 days before the exam. Does that work? or should I need to change it??
If you wait until 10 days before the exam, then get a score you don't like on NBME 7, it will cost you more to reschedule, won't it? Why not take one NBME four weeks before as tkourkou suggests, then you can take another 10 days before to make sure you are where you want to be...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts