USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am doing uworld 2nd time in a timed mixed mode..

Did 920 ques

205 were wrong...

Overall correct 78%

Cumulative performance 86th...

Well in some blockes got 86,84, n most in 80's....but some blockes less w minimum of 67% till now...

So i m really confused about how i m going????

It is good or not? How much i m behind 99??

When i did 1st time it was on average around 70 n now its on overage around 80......But at that time i did subject wise n system wise so remembered alot then now coz now doing all together mixed so used to forget alot of known things which r really depressing me:-((

Any comments plzzzzzzz

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
281 Posts
well, your first time avg of 71% makes me think you will probably score around the 240 area, soooo your probably going to get a 99.. I would do either another qbank to see how your first time through it reflects on your step 1 one score... Or attempt the nbme/uwsa exams to see how it correlates to your step 1 scores.

if you do another qbank like say kaplan or usmle rx, do them mixed and try to make it as much like the exam as possible, thats the best way to see how you perform.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Doing UWorld the 2nd time has little or no assessment or predictive value.
Your first time score shows u are good to go, however since that may not be recent, it is better to take the NBME , to really know where u stand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i agree with the above posts...uworld/nbme/simulated exams usually have a high predictive value IF done for the first time or done long before the 2nd round...otherwise pure recall from visual memory of some ques can give a falsely elevated score (false positives!!) [gosh!! Biostatistics is creeping into my daily life.. i need help!!].

On the other hand, if ur scores r low in this 2nd round (not in ur case)...ur in deep trouble man!!

from ur Hx (man, am i doing a lot of ques or what, everybody looks like an exam case!!:eek:)...u seemed to have done quite well in ur first round of uworld... that must have been more than a month ago...so...

what is suggest is...NOW, IN BETWEEN ur 2nd round of uworld...Do any one form of NBME that was not done earlier...see what that tells u...nothing n nobody can tell u better than a nbme CBSSA analysis report...then continue with finishing uworld...do Next NBME n ensure ur moving upwards towards ur dream score (275 i suppose)

the 2nd best option is to do the uworld simulated exam NOW (if ve purchased that too, otherwise go for the nbme first)...

BUT never leave NBME for too late..n make it a point to do atleast a couple of them online (preferably do 2 tests over 9 hrs trying to simulate D-Day), the rest can be done offline!!

[my sincere advise..never go into ur prometric centre without doin ( i mean...not just doing for the sake of doing, but actually looking up the reason y each ans is correct from ur books...) all 7 nbme forms on/offline(ie 1400 ques)...the real exam will then go well]

All the best for ur exams!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts