USMLE Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi i have started studying just 2months back so from the forum what I have understood is that Kaplan lecture notes for all the subjects are good enough but for pathology Goljan is better. there are first aid, kaplan qbank, and uw qbank which u can use along with these notes. But at first kaplan notes for ur mentioned 3 subjects are good enough. I don't know much. This is all i know.
You might see the usmle forum step 1 threads for best studying materials.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Costanzo Physiology and/or BRS Physiology

Costanzo Physiology is an excellent book; it has these great schematics and color figures that helps you understand all the little details of Physiology. It's written in a very simple straightforward way, so it's easy to read. It also has end of chapter open-end challenge questions. The downside: it is not a review book so it might take a bit longer to get through (it's about the same size as Goljan RR but not as dense). If you have the time though it's totally worth it.
If you don't have the time, Costanzo BRS physiology will do the trick; it's a review book so it's small and is written in bullet point format. Another benefit to this is that it has about 15-20 multiple choice questions at the end of each chapter, which really tests your understanding of what you just read.
I have both books, I am reading the big one and doing the end of chapter questions in both. When I get ready to seriously start Step 1 studying, I will switch to just BRS physiology.
Hope that helps! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts