USMLE Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I'm done with kaplan ln anatomy with fa and started doing questions. There seems to be few questions which I've absoltely no clue:(

1) Is it necessary to know origin/insertion of all muscles?

2)Should I know the course of each nerve and its branches' course as well?

3)How do I know what is to be studied n what not?

Kindly help me out!:plz:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I feel that Kaplan Anatomy is quiet inadequate for passing step 1. U need not know any origin insertion or nerve course. U just need to know what is the action of the muscle and what will happen if the nerve supply to that muscle is lost....just the applied anatomy part of it. For the nerve, just know grossly which all muscles or group of muscles are supplied by it and it's applied anatomy. U can read from BRS anatomy. It is an excellent review book for anatomy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel that Kaplan Anatomy is quiet inadequate for passing step 1. U need not know any origin insertion or nerve course. U just need to know what is the action of the muscle and what will happen if the nerve supply to that muscle is lost....just the applied anatomy part of it. For the nerve, just know grossly which all muscles or group of muscles are supplied by it and it's applied anatomy. U can read from BRS anatomy. It is an excellent review book for anatomy.
Thanks doc2607😃 time to hit brs anat cold!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts