USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just talking to my husband who is taking his Step I today and already in his 4 blocks he has taken, he got 2 repeated questions from NBME 7 which he took 2 days ago.

So yes people do the online NBME exam(s) alright for assessment, but also try and practice using the other NBME offline, just in case you also get repeats!

Imagine getting 2 repeat questions from each NBME, that's 14 questions. :)) OK I know NBME folks probably won't be that generous but hey you never know :))

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Yeah NBME 7 but not the others

Yeah, I heard from many that exact replica of the NBME 7 are there in the exam. However, nothing from the other forms :(

Good luck to your husband :cool:

·
Registered
244 Posts
i would be slightly careful with the USMLE questions though.. i think the NBME says on its website that NO live questions are present in any of its forms.. which means that it can be clever twists to the NBME form question OR minor changes like the patient age or anything :p

nevertheless a good idea would ofcourse be to learn all the topics tested on NBME.. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
lena is right.
my exam was some days ago, NBME 7 and the free 150 official questions, were very high yield, quite a number of repeats.but be careful, some of the repeats had a twist, in terms of history, but the same options. Even got a repeat slide, but with a totally different question.
got a Uworld repeat.......and so on.
but pls dont do the materials for the purpose of remembering the questions, do them for assessment, and revise ur wrong questions.if they show up again anywhere, you will definitely answer them right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts