USMLE Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker-first time poster. I know this has been beat to death by other posters (quite a while ago) but I'm hoping for some advice and wisdom.

Basically, I know I got about 30 incorrect on my step 1 which I wrote a few days ago- and I couldn't be more worried. I had an absolutely terrible feeling after the exam that I can't shake. I did one NBME and the two UWSAs and scored >240, but I really feel like with some easy mistakes (like 30) I may have really shot myself in the foot and have received a low grade.

Has anyone else been in my shoes and scored decent? Really appreciate the feedback!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker-first time poster. I know this has been beat to death by other posters (quite a while ago) but I'm hoping for some advice and wisdom.

Basically, I know I got about 30 incorrect on my step 1 which I wrote a few days ago- and I couldn't be more worried. I had an absolutely terrible feeling after the exam that I can't shake. I did one NBME and the two UWSAs and scored >240, but I really feel like with some easy mistakes (like 30) I may have really shot myself in the foot and have received a low grade.

Has anyone else been in my shoes and scored decent? Really appreciate the feedback!
If you read old posts from the forum you'll find many experiences from people who felt terrible after their exam and still scored decent.

However, there are a lot of people who actually do underperform on the real deal as well, relative to their NBME scores. I suspect we don't get to read their experiences as much because these people probably don't speak up as much as those who end up scoring well.

I felt terrible after my exam as well (could count ~7 mistakes right off the top of my head) and I actually did score below my NBME average.
My actual score was 11 points below my NBME 18 score.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you read old posts from the forum you'll find many experiences from people who felt terrible after their exam and still scored decent.

However, there are a lot of people who actually do underperform on the real deal as well, relative to their NBME scores. I suspect we don't get to read their experiences as much because these people probably don't speak up as much as those who end up scoring well.

I felt terrible after my exam as well (could count ~7 mistakes right off the top of my head) and I actually did score below my NBME average.
My actual score was 11 points below my NBME 18 score.
if you don't mind me asking : how did your score end up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts