USMLE Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dears at USMLE Forums,
Please, I want to know if there is any way to start ECFMG certification of my credentials before choosing eligibility period because I want to take my exam in 2011 and eligibility periods are not yet available and am going to leave my country in short time and I wish that I can benefit from this time to make the dean of my college sign my form 186 directly??

·
Registered
73 Posts
but there is no point of starting the application process until I've graduated right? and that I'll be in July next year...if I start then...will I be able to get an eligibility period in Oct-Nov-Dec? what are the chances?

·
Registered
741 Posts
but there is no point of starting the application process until I've graduated right? and that I'll be in July next year...if I start then...will I be able to get an eligibility period in Oct-Nov-Dec? what are the chances?
You can apply for an exam before you graduate and you can take an exam before you graduate.
I did not understand the rest of your question.

·
Registered
73 Posts
thanx for all ur time rasheed

hi
what i meant was even if i try and do all the ecfmg filing now..and that will take around 3-4 months..and then again i would have to go change my status from student to graduate 6 months later when im done with internship..wudn't it be hassle two times?? what will i get from this?? or is it worth doin in prior time to get the eligibilty period in hand ...im so confused...!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Now I understand

hi
what i meant was even if i try and do all the ecfmg filing now..and that will take around 3-4 months..and then again i would have to go change my status from student to graduate 6 months later when im done with internship..wudn't it be hassle two times?? what will i get from this?? or is it worth doin in prior time to get the eligibilty period in hand ...im so confused...!!
Yes, you are right. There's no need to go through the hassles twice. Wait until you graduate and then apply for both Form 186 and Medical education credentials verification.
If you apply in July or even August, am sure you'll be able to get an eligibility of 10-11-12 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts